Escaping

I have avoided the love that I have felt,
afraid that ice would melt and tears would be streaming down to my cheeks.
Not once our eyes have met yet you fell to my heart without me immediately knowing it.
I'm a forest with thorns, how come you managed to escape it without any scrapes?
Did my heart wave with your single touch? Or was it your tears that gave it water and in return it gave you a way to my heart?
I fell in love with a man who speak the words of pain but aren't I the same? But on a different page.
You're the glass beads that envelops me but I'm the string that holds you together so you wouldn't break not to anyone nor to me.
You're free to come to my heart but not me, yet that simple gesture of approach gives me glee.
You're that vivacious rainbow that she sees but I'm the silent and devastated light always there but hardly notice unless I'm gone.
I couldn't foresee what would become of me because all I could thought of is the idea of you and me.
I never wished to be engaged nor be drawn in your life yet here I am still inadequate of your love when I'm the one who put you in ease.
You know how to capture my heart, to make me stay by your side; by using ingenuity heart stirring words.
Do you know what I feel? Happiness with a mixture of longing and complimented by hope.
But then again you are never mine to own compared to her your love for me is destitute.
How come you could still find your way to me when you have to cross a thin rope?
Endless fluttering pain and love I think I could see a sand storm coming.
Shimmering against the dazzling light, zero weight how come it felt like it was hammering my heart?
I'm covered by the darkness but you've been living there, I smiled.
You're a fire, she's the gas that you crawl into but I'm the oxygen that gave you life; the thing that you never noticed about.