Two Stars

Written on: February 6,2017

We were two stars roaming around the sky night. Searching for the ones that will bring out our charms. Unaware of the fate's playfulness and unexpected twists.  When night time comes our ambition ignites and hopes light up. We were two stars traveling along with the others, naive at our own feelings. We just keep seeking and never stopped looking, not even for a second. Once I dreamed being a moon and see the people swoon at my beauty and my light would be seen even in a stormy night. That what was before and now, I wished for it for you to stop and look at me. And for a second you told me that I shined as if I found the one we were looking for.

Our minds had been confined and our hearts had been blind. But now it is only you who seemed desperate for the answer. We've been together for days and months and not one was left behind. We've been shining the most all over this coast.  However, I thought my feeling was right, I thought my feelings reflects through your inner light like how I clearly see my reflection from the sea. But I was wrong because you shined more with glee with another star. A star that you felt familiar with and it hurts that it wasn't me. At distance, I watched but I could no longer bear that our adventure gone to waste and my position in your heart got replaced. It hurts that you didn't even save a space for me to stay.

A star dies when one granted a wish and since my purpose being and traveling with you is no longer... then I must do the second purpose of my existence and that is to grant a wish. And as my light became dim, your eyes landed on me. How glad I am to see you worry and grieve at a star that you erased in your heart and still loves you in her eternal light. I guess this is good bye not because I'm dying. I'm saying good bye to the love that I have found but never returned. I hope to see that star, who brightly and enthusiastically traveled with me, in the eternal light where we would shine the most, just the two of us.