She kissed the pad of his thumb, before she reached forwards and kissed the corner of his mouth. Her face was then buried into the crook of his neck, arms tightly wound around his body, legs tangling with his. Jon chuckled lightly under his breath, finding her actions typical because she always clung to him like that when it was time for him to leave. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders, hugging her back with a sad heart while she placed a soft kiss on the skin of his neck, whispering something.

"Please don't leave."

Yesterday was Jon's final day as Reina's bodyguard. He was appointed to Lord Commander of her father's army for the coming rebellion against House Styles. He was supposed to get fitted today for his new armor, but here he was far too busy with the princess, all wrapped up in her warmth and sweetness. But Myles was going to cover for him, knowing about the princess and her forbidden love affair. They gave each other their all last night and made love for the first time. Reina knew in her heart that Jon was the one she wanted to do it with, and it wasn't because she wanted to rebel against her father's wishes.

"I have to," Jon forced himself to say, hating the impact those words had on her. "I'll see you again, I swear it."

"When?" she pulled back to look at him.

"I-I don't know exactly," he said unsurely. She looked at him, and just nodded. "I promise it'll be soon, once I know my new schedule."

"Now come, I want to see my princess smile for me," Jon nudged her cheek with his nose, dropping his head low to press kisses against her neck. "How am I to go about with my day if I don't see your smile and have it engraved in my head to keep me going?"

Reina couldn't help but smile uncontrollably at his sweet words, a tiny giggle escaping her lips when he cheered in victory. Jon kissed her forehead before he pulled away to climb out of the bed. Reina sighed sadly, resting her weight on her elbows that were propped up on the bed. Her chin rested in the palm of her hands, bright eyes following her lover who shuffled around the room to retrieve his clothes and strap on his armor. Their gazes met when he pulled his pants on, Reina smirking while Jon looked away with flushed cheeks when they both noticed the love bite on his thigh near his groin. Once he was dressed, he stood in front of Reina whom looked up at him.

He held out his hand for her, bowing respectfully. She placed her hand in his in a habitual manner, making him immediately duck his head to kiss her knuckles. She briefly reminisced to when he first did that to her. He was only a child, training to become a soldier, while she trained to become a true princess. His actions made her blush and run off to her grandmother because that was the first time a boy had ever made her feel so pretty and special. Now it had become a usual thing, something he always did before they departed.

"Until we meet again, my silver-eyed dragoness."

Reina woke up with a pained, quiet groan. When she opened her eyes, she realized that she was not in her bedchamber in her castle in Vardomos. She was in a bigger bedchamber, lying on a massive bed, room full of the colors crimson and gold instead of black and silver. Harry's bedchamber. Her gaze flickered around, a frown taking upon her features as she tried to push herself to sit up. But a sharp pain quickly spread across her abdomen as she did so, causing her to groan in surprise, quickly lying back down again to ease it. She was confused as to why her midriff hurt. But then the pain quickly reminded her of the events last night.

Before her eyes flashed the eventful day she had, especially the insane night she had. She remembered locking Vaera up and crying right after. She remembered the fight her and Harry had before they were ambushed. She remembered the ambush itself and the fear she felt watching Harry fight. She then remembered her getting stabbed, Harry crying out loud in response and rushing to her with trembling hands. Most of all she remembered what she said to him before she passed out, and it caused her heart to fill up with guilt for saying what she said.