III

I AM BACK with a long-ass chapter ❤️

Up above: Nira Rhysling played by Kat Graham

WARNING: there are derogatory terms such as "negro" I mean no offense whatsoever by using these terms. They are simply there for the purpose of this story and to show the discriminative nature of the people during the medieval times towards black people.

However, I'm not sure if it is offensive of me to use it so please let me know NICELY if it is. I will use another term, maybe "coloured people".

♕♔♕

                 ♕♔♕"Reina?"

♕♔♕

"Reina?"

  The foreign princess' gaze tore away from the window she was gazing out of, to look at Nira, her handmaid, who was sat right beside her, reading a book. It was twilight now and the sun was setting. The golden rays of the sun spilled through the open window and illuminated the floor and the side of the bathtub Reina was currently in. Shifting underneath the water, Reina sighed lightly watching Nira put her book down and gaze at her expectantly.

   "Yes?" Reina murmured in questioning.

   "Talk to me," Nira told her. "What is bothering your mind?"

   "Is my worry really evident on my face?" Reina chuckled a little, making Nira smile lightly.

   "Just a tiny bit," Nira grinned, holding her index and thumb up close to each other to highlight her words. "But really though, you've been oddly quiet since our arrival."

   "Oh Nira, I'm truly grateful that you are here with me now. You, Reyes, Myles, and everyone else," Reina told her immediately, assuming that Nira thought Reina was upset with her. "My mind is just a mess. This wedding, it still confuses me."

   "In what way?"

   "The fact that the proposal was set when I was only three, by my father," Reina told her, making her frown deeply. "I spoke to Reyes when we went our riding. He told me what was said in the letters exchanged between him and Genevieve and the King and Queen."

   "What did they ask for then? In the letter?"

   "They basically told my brother that lands, money, and a marriage is what they want. Reyes argued back with Genevieve about the marriage. They wrote back and forth. But the Styles said that it was a tradition to use marriage to establish land ownership as well as the proposal was already established years ago," Reina rambled to her while she nodded attentively.

   "They asked Reyes and Genevieve to keep the marriage a secret. They didn't want to tell Harry nor me about it because they had a feeling we would do something irrational to get out of it," Reina explained to her. "That I guess makes sense, knowing me and my temper."