| XLII |

She's back?????

Honestly I don't know if I'm back for sure but here's a new chapter! I'm gonna apologize once for taking pretty much two ish years to update and keep it short, but yeah I lost inspo to write Harry fanfic in general because I grew out of the obsession. But recently I've been watching The Great on Hulu and I absolutely love how easily a period drama can inspire me to write this fanfic!

This is a bit of a filler chapter but ends on an important note so I do advise you to read the recap I posted for this book a chapter a go. Or feel free to re read the book again!

Excuse any errors or rusty writing and enjoy the smut (: I decided to treat y'all because you've been so patient and supportive while I've fucked off and THANK YOU FOR A MILLION VIEWS ON THIS BOOK! It's kinda crazy how people keep reading it while it's incomplete and barely updated.

Last thing that happened was: Harry and Reina held a royal feast for the heads of the royal houses who came to Caunwaiton to decide what to do with the Messians.

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

   "I cannot believe she brought her filthy pet to the feast!"

  Reina rolled her eyes lightly with an amused smile as she took off her jewelry. She sat down and took her crown off, smiling in amusement at Harry's irritated mood. Her gaze turned to him, watching him pace around the room, removing his clothes and ranting angrily.

   "S-She thinks she can just swoop in and ruin my lovely feast!" he continued to ramble loudly, undoing his cape and letting it drop to the floor.

   "You're just upset because she stole the crowd's attention from you," Reina teased, making him snap his gaze towards her and frown. "Oh don't give me that look. She was simply defending me against stupid Declan."

   "What was Declan saying this time?" Harry groaned quietly, shrugging his jacket off and walking towards her.

   "Gossip about how our plan to compromise is very unpopular amongst the nobles but the only reason they're going along with it is because you're King," she told him, as he leaned against her dresser and folded his arms over his chest, frowning at her words. "That didn't bother me that much though, it was other things he said."

   "He brought up my father," she sighed heavily, making his frown deepen.

  "What did he say about your father?" Harry inquired quietly, noticing that she was visibly upset. He got down on one knee, taking her hands in his and looking her in the eye intently.

  "He found it amusing that Reyes and I preach about peace and compromise, yet my father was selfish enough to abandon those values and challenge House Styles for the throne," she told him, as he listened attentively. "Anyways, Kirsten simply stepped in to defend me against Declan."