Epilogue

The tests confirmed their suspicions, all four positive pregnancy sticks lying on her bedroom dressing table. Chelsea was pregnant and, by her count, quite far along.

Her gynae appointment, one week later, confirmed that she was indeed already thirteen weeks along. They'd made it safely through the first dangerous trimester, this little one was here to stay.

Her pregnancy had taken Hank and Chelsea by surprise. A very, very pleasant surprise.

Chelsea smiled as she looked at the ultrasound monitor in her gynae's exam room. "Your baby is a healthy size and everything is normal," confirmed her doctor as she moved the ultrasound wand over Chelsea's already swelling belly. "Baby is even far enough along for me to reveal the sex, if you'd like."

Chelsea's gaze shifted to Hank, standing next to her with baby Joshua in his arms. "Do we, Mr. Preston?" she smiled at him.

"Definitely, Mrs. Preston," said Hank, smiling down at his wife.

The doctor slowly moved the wand into place, double checked and then confirmed "yes, it's definitely a little girl. Congratulations!" She then looked directly at Joshua, "you're getting a little sister, big boy. I hope you're ready to be a big brother!" Everyone laughed as Joshua decided that it was a perfect time to start crying.

***

Chelsea sat in the rocking chair in Gemma Angela's room, humming a lullaby to the content little bundle of joy in her arms, Joshua happily lying in Hank's arm listening to a bedtime story.

As she studied Gemma Angela's face, a peaceful calm washed over her. She closed her eyes and took a slow, deep breath.

A breath so cleansing, it felt as if she was breathing for the very first time, silently thanking God for all His blessings.

And then she heard the quiet voice.

I am your father, Chelsea. I promised that I only had the best in store for you. Have I ever lied? I have a perfect plan for your life and I will never leave you. Not now, not ever.

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How awesome is God! He will never leave us nor forsake us.

This is the end of Chelsea's story. Now it's off to my editor, then the printer and finally to the welcoming hands of people willing to purchase my baby and make my dream of being published a reality. 

Please remember to comment and vote.

Thank you to everyone who read this book. God Bless you all xoxo