"Where are we going?"

"The King's City."

"Oh." The King's City was the capital of the Republic and it is also the most beautiful place on earth.

"You are going to be staying in the house of the girl you will be impersonating and there will be a staff that will be catering to your every need. In a few days, you will have your own credit cards with enough to make you look like an heiress. We will need to go out a few times in the eyes of the press until my father sees and requests to meet you. As soon as he agrees, the wedding will be only a matter of weeks. So memorize everything to the letter."

It was all so overwhelming. When I blackmailed the prince into marrying me, I didn't know it would be like this. "Any questions?" He asked.

I shook my head. "We will be ready tomorrow evening."

"Good." He muttered as he let himself out.

I went to the fridge to get something cold to drink and sat down with the folder. According to my new identity, I am the only daughter of a sickly and recluse Duke, The Duke of Hawthorne Estate, who is late, thank God. After his death, his daughter had been put in a special health facility in order to determine if she had the disease that killed her father. My role was to pretend that upon the discovery that she didn't have the disease, she was brought back to her father's estate. The prince found out about her arrival and they both decided to go ahead and marry since they were already betrothed to each other.

What a mess!

Taylor opened the door and walked in or tried to walk in. All the stuff I had bought were lying all over the place and was blocking the door.

"What happened? Did you buy the whole plaza?"

I chuckled. "It would seem like it. You know when you said you were drunk from shopping yesterday, well, I think I am very drunk."

She bent down to move some of the bags away from the entrance and closed the door. "At least, you now know how I felt yesterday." She grinned. "But seriously, this is looking real. The palace is looking real!"

"Wait till you read my new identity." I said touching the folder that was lying in my lap.

"Oh my God! What are you?"

"A sickly daughter of an unimportant duke who is dead."

"Thank God!"

"My sentiments too!" We both laughed.

"So what is my role?" She asked putting down her bag and taking the folder.

"He said nothing was changing about you. That we only need to come up with something about how we met and all that."

"We could simply say we met at a function where I worked as a waitress. You took one look at me and decided to employ me."

I chuckled. "Okay. Let's just say, you served so well, I wanted you to work for me. And later, you became my confidant and my lady in waiting."

She nodded. "That's plausible, believable even." And she sighed. "Aren't you afraid?"

I sighed too. "I am so afraid Taylor. Thinking and planning-"

"Don't you mean scheming and scheming?"

I grimaced. "It's so real I am afraid it will fail. The prince is going to be my husband." As I said those words, my heart beat increased.

She nodded. "Who will take every right upon you."

"I know." I didn't want to think about that yet.

"We can tell him the truth and stop all of this." She ventured.

"No! We can't do that Taylor. Don't you see how great an opportunity this is? When I become his wife, I will be entitled to so many things. I will be a part of the decision making family. I can use my position to change things."

"You are reaching Tania." Taylor whispered.

"Taylor, I am not just going to sit and look pretty, I will do what I can to help the girl child. Look at us! And I will help you find a suitor. I will help as many single women in this county find suitable suitors that will be willing to marry them. I can even petition for a longer education process for the girl child maybe not as much as the male child but they should go beyond high school! They can learn something or follow their dreams! They won't have to be forced to marry at the age of eighteen anymore! It would be their choice!"

Taylor clapped her hands. I rolled my eyes. "If you can just see what I see, you will understand-"

"I quite understand you Tania. And I wish above all things that all what you said is possible but believe me, you will not be the first to try. They all failed."

"That doesn't mean I shouldn't try. I will try Taylor. I have to." I declared with all my heart.