"Was that so hard for him?" Miguel muttered walking out of the living room with Austin, Tristan, and Everett. I cover my mouth hiding my smile. Chase is different. Sort of. He reminds me of a moody Jughead at times, but then I get a glimpse of Archie in him.

"Since we can't get dinner can we at least get breakfast?" Vincent smiles.

"Sure," I reply and I guess there goes my answer to spending the night as well.

Chase tells me he is going to get the things and put them on the bed for me. I linger back in the living with Vincent and Darren.

"Charles, just move back in officially. I know driving home every day from campus is tiring. Your room is in perfect condition and quite honest—we miss having you around. We haven't known you for a long time, but I guess it's a connection thing we all have with you." Darren sits back on the couch.

"Like a little sister vibe. Hence the overbearing you probably endured with us over the past weeks." Vincent adds.

"Overbearing is an understatement." I look over at Darren.

"Hey—in my defense Wolf is bad news."

"But—"

"No buts. He is—I've known him since grade school. Wolf isn't the kind of guy who does things just because, remember that."

"Will do. I think Chase has everything out for me already. I'll see you guys in the morning bright and early—for breakfast. A thank you meal. Goodnight boys."

"Goodnight Charles."

"Good night Charles—just remember what I told you about Wolf."

"Mentally noted." I smile leaving out the living room. They cant pick and choose who I become friends with. I would be a fool to allow them to think otherwise.

****

The next morning I woke up with a pep in my step. I'm able to cook for a large group again. Being back home I was only cooking for myself since my parents are always working and Raven didn't want to leave campus to visit me. Complaining the drive was too long and she had to do some wardrobe fittings at five in the evening for the last two weeks. So I was only cooking for one and that's not fun.

After showering, I put back on Chase's shirt and sweatpants and head downstairs to make breakfast. I'm just finishing up with the last of the scrambled eggs when I hear the footsteps. They're moving quickly too.

"I washed my hands before coming down here." Austin grabs some bacon off the plate.

"I hope so. I heard you beat the hell out of your meat this morning. What video did you do it too?" Everett carries the plate of pancakes to the table, laughing.

"Probably, a BBW video." Tristan chimes in.

"That's right I like my girls BBW, yeah. Type to wanna suck you dry and then eat some lunch with you. So thick that everyone else in the room is so uncomfortable. Ass on Houston Texas, but the face looks just like Claire Huxtable." Miguel raps.

"You're not Drake bro, give it up." Chase walks in. Holy crap—is he eating breakfast with us? He hasn't had breakfast with us before—when I was living here. The group project always had him on the go. Meeting with investors or checking out the site for the hotel and restaurant. The group project I'm no longer a part of by the way. Last night I finally read all my emails and the guys decided mutually not to have me on board due to me being MIA. I don't blame anyone because I honestly don't think I would have the time to help. Back to Chase...

He licks his lips, staring at me as he takes his seat. I tighten my hold on the plate of eggs and walk to the table, breathing in and out slowly. I try to look anywhere but him, but those eyes are just drawing me in. I'm doomed for sure. He is channeling every emotion in me with that one look.