Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning bright and early, cause I didn't get enough sleep last night. A lot happened.

So to recap, I had a bad first ball and now I'm older and have a pair of wings. Great... well it could have been worse. I guess. I don't really feel older anymore I feel normal. I guess I'm used to it already. I mean I'm really the same, I still take Usa-chan with me everywhere. I'll never get tired of that. All through my vocabulary is different I use more extravagant words now, that's not so bad. The bad thing is my clothes don't fit anymore they had to get rid of all of my clothes except for one big nightgown and the dress I wore at the ball. When I changed it grew with me. During this train of thought, I got up and just walked around the castle with my blanket draped over my shoulders.

Then I found myself in the castle garden, I felt too old to play shop which is another letdown

Then I found myself in the castle garden, I felt too old to play shop which is another letdown. I at least felt the same about all the flowers and bugs. I realize that I'm only making myself depressed, thinking of all the bad things. I've got to change my mood! I slapped my cheeks so I could snap out of it.

I shouldn't be sad! Think positive! Well, I'm tall enough to reach the cookie jar

I shouldn't be sad! Think positive! Well, I'm tall enough to reach the cookie jar. Yeah! I'm waaaaay closer to being an adult and I forgot I'm closer to Haru's height now. These wings aren't too bad, well sure they freaked me out at first but now that I get a good look at them they're cute. Sure, there small now but that means they'll grow too then maybe I can actually fly. The idea got me very excited so I tried moving them. It didn't work at first but then when I thought hard enough I felt them move. I got them moving faster and then I jumped off a bench and, and... I fell flat on my butt.

 I fell flat on my butt

I started to laugh at being such a dummy

I started to laugh at being such a dummy. I guess they're too small to carry my weight. Oh well,  I'll fly like the birds eventually and not in the way those ladies said so. Who cares about them anyway! Phft!?! I don't!?!

Sooo I'm ruining the mood that I created. I got up and dusted the dirt off my butt, then I headed towards the kitchen for an early morning snack. Once again it was empty when I went in and it wasn't a magic trick they left because I scared them after what happened at the party. I looked around and found an apple pie. It was freshly baked and the aroma was heavenly, and the crust was nice and soft since it was freshly baked.

I found a knife and got myself a slice, it was sooo gooey and warm, light steam was coming out and warming my cold face. My face lights up and it was so good! It was chewy with the apples and a little hard with the crust cooling down. It really made me feel a lot better.

Then after a great breakfast feast, I went back to my room and then the lady servants were there, along with Prince Apollo. He looked at me and then he said "Aphrodite you are here by now a princess", of course, I was very confused on the matter. What did he mean, me? A princess? "Why am I suddenly a princess now?" I asked. "You know what happened at the ball, this will prevent it from happening again, alright?" said Prince Apollo. I guess I understood, if I was to be a princess people would stop being mean to me. I told Prince Apollo that I understood and with that, he was out of the room. I felt the sudden urge to see Haru right then.

Narrator -Let's see how the Prince Haru is doing right now after his talk with Prince Haru, shall we?

Prince Haru- I woke up today with the biggest headache in the world, my stupid brother finally started to tell me the most important things about Aphrodite. So she's a special and powerful being and now she's growing after just dying, not a big deal right? Well of course it is! What am I supposed to do! Now I need to calm myself down because I'm panicking for nothing. This is my little cute Aphrodite was talking about, she's still the same and it's not like she's completely changed. Yeah, she's still the little girl that I love just a little bit older. When I was still in thought the doors just sprang open and there was Aphrodite. She came running in yelling my name as she always does, I really like it when she does that. It's almost like someone really needs me all the time and not just for royal princely reasons. "Haru! Haru!, Good morning, how are you?" asked Aphrodite in a very frantic way. It seems she back to normal after what had happened yesterday at the party. Nervously, I asked " Aphrodite... good morning, how are you doing?", she answered with a yes and said she's going great and told me all about her lovely morning. Aphrodite is a really special girl and that this 'thing' that's happening to her, isn't so bad. Now she's a princess and although she's not related to me, I'm really happy that she's still able to be with me in the castle.

...to be continued