Chapter 10

A few weeks have past and instead of a peaceful morning, I was quickly awoken by flower ladies. After I was awake they said, "Hurry little miss we must prepare for the ball this afternoon!?". I was confused and asked "What's a ball?" they said that it's a big party, I didn't know how to feel about it. They took me to a door that was in my room but I've never been in there. When that opened it and turned on the lights, it was full of pretty, sparkly princess dresses. It was amazing, there were rows and rows of dresses, shoes, bags, and shiny jewelry. They put me on a stand and ran around finding a dress for me. They asked me if I wanted a certain dress and I said: "Is there one with cut little bunnies on it?". Then immediately they rushed and grabbed one and showed it to me.

 It was so pretty! It was PINK! It had frilly ruffles and BUNNIES! My eyes glowed and I was so happy

It was so pretty! It was PINK! It had frilly ruffles and BUNNIES! My eyes glowed and I was so happy. They didn't have to ask me if I liked it, quickly they put it on and then took me to my dressing table and started playing with my hair. They brushed it and it hurt, they said it was because I didn't take care of it. Then when I was done they pushed me back to the press room and placed me in front of the mirror and all I saw was a princess. I asked who she was and guess what! They said that it was me!

I really looked like a princess! I couldn't stop spinning around in the dress and the flower ladies couldn't stop chasing me, telling that I'll ruin it

Then I had the greatest idea ever I wanted to go show Haru my dress so that he can tell me how cute I look too! So I stopped and ran out the door and the funny faces on the flower ladies made me smile and laugh. I ran down the hall and up the stairs since now I remember that Haru's room is right above mine. I was really close to the room now then I burst the doors open and... there was no one there. I became sad and wondered 'where was Haru?' I walked down the hall very sad and then went downstairs passing my room and found the throne room loud and full of voices. I peeked in and found a whole ton of adults! They were mountains of then all standing in the room. I stepped in and a guard stopped me and asked: "Where are you going, little miss?" I was very confused I didn't know him. He tried to grab me but I just ran forward then I saw Haru! I ran towards him yelling "Haru!?" He turned and was shocked to see me, I grabbed his legs since he was standing and buried my face in them. "Aphrodite?! What are you doing here?" He said, "Your suppose to be with your servants, where are they?". While he was asking me questions on why I was there I looked to the front of the room and all of the adults were staring at us. Then I turned to the side and there was the scary man and he was mad as ever. He turned to Haru and said with a crooked smile "Haru, why don't take Aphrodite to her room before she makes an even bigger commotion". With that said, Haru scooped me up and rushed to my room and then placed me on my feet.

"Aphrodite, why are you here? Why did you go into the throne room? Didn't you see the scene you created? Now my brother is really mad at me again" said Haru. What was happening? Is Haru upset? He's mad at me, isn't he? Without thinking I started to cry, I made my closest friend upset with me and I didn't know what to do. Haru noticed and started to apologize but I still cried. With tears in my eyes, I muttered: "I...just wanted...to show my new dress...to Haru...". He bent down on one knee and said he understood and again apologized for getting upset. Then he grabbed my arm and then put his lips on it and said "Well that is quite the dress you have. It's an honor to meet you, princess Aphrodite".

There was something strange about that moment it was almost like this happened before

There was something strange about that moment it was almost like this happened before. Like in a dream it was weird, I just stared at him and when he was done he stood up and led me to the door. Now we both were going to face what is behind the door and in the Grand Hall, where the party was. Here goes nothing.

...to be continued