I grabbed the key from one of the drawers and unlocked the backdoor. Jordan liked to lock things up, he said that nobody was ever safe in their own home. I don't know what he was scared of, no one was ever gonna walk up to our house and think 'Hey, this looks like a place I can steal something from.' I mean, we still haven't even repaired our front window after Noah threw a ball through it - that was two years ago.

Opening the door, I instantly shivered when a cold gust of wind waved in. I wasn't surprised to lock gazes with a pair of hooded, blue eyes. Ash. My brother wasn't the smartest tool in the shed but he was smart enough to know that six thirty in the morning was the only moment he had a chance of sneaking back in without anyone finding out because he was always certain of two things - one, I was always up to answer the door for him and two, Jordan always leaves for his early morning workout.

He grabbed my face between his cold hands and I suppressed another shiver running up my spine, and squeezed my cheeks together. "Good morning, JJ."

I hated when he called me that. I already hated my name, but using my initials sounded so much worse. At least it wasn't J or Jay or something, that sounded like a fifty year old man who drinks too much beer and watches infomercials for fun.

"You made anything for breakfast yet?" he whispered once he got in.

I didn't understand the point of whispering. Jordan was going to find out one way or another that he didn't sleep in his bed tonight. Also he didn't lock the backdoor and he smelled like a walking club.

"If you wait ten more minutes, I can serve up a plate for you."

"I can't wait." He ran a hand through his wild, dark hair making it messier than it already was, and plopped down on one of the barstools. "Also, I'm not in the mood for pancakes, I need something greasy. Go make me some eggs and bacon."

"I'm not your servant. Do it yourself."

"I asked nicely," was his excuse.

"You didn't ask, you ordered me."

"Fine. You don't have to be a bitch about it."

He was watching my every move, his eyes following me the whole time. His fingers were drumming on the hard surface of the counter and I wasn't even sure if he was aware he was doing it, but it was making me nervous.

"You should probably take a shower. You stink."

"Are you telling me I smell?" His eyes narrowed menacingly. Ash was the only one in this house with blue eyes. He didn't have it from our mother, probably from his father. I only ever once met the guy and he gave me the creeps.

"That's exactly what I just said. Also if you don't want Jordan to find out, you should get cleaned up."

"What if I don't want to."

Right, Ash never really liked to be told what to do. Ashton also didn't like people insulting him or talking back at him. He had a short fuse and literally anything could make him blow up. Even me.

"Or else, I'll tell Jordan about how you used my window to sneak off again."

He shrugged carelessly. "I don't fucking care. He always finds out anyway. What's he gonna do? Ground me?" he snickered.

"I can also tell him about your secret stash you hid in that hole in the wall right behind my dresser."

He stopped tapping his fingers and glared. "You wouldn't."

I stopped mixing the batter for a second and met his stare full on. I'm not scared of him ... okay, that's not true, Ash was unpredictable, he did scare me from time to time even though he never put his hands on me before other than the occasional pinch or kick under the table. He wouldn't dare touch me, he didn't have a death wish.