s i x

Kasey woke up to a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Goodmorning, Sleeping Beauty," Jensen said in a groggy voice as she opened her eyes. He laid beside her and slowly stroked the hair out of her face. As he looked into her eyes, his eyes wandered back in forth as if he was searching hers. "I don't wanna leave this bed," He said finally.

"Then don't," Kasey smiled, knowing he had to get up soon. 

"I have to go film again today," He groaned. "But how did you sleep?" Jensen asked, turning his attention back to her. 

"Very well," Kasey replied as she raised from the bed. "Although someone is a blanket thief," She joked. 

"You must be talking about yourself," Jensen smiled. 

"Mhmm," She chuckled before disappearing into the bathroom. She got dressed quickly, not wanting to hog the bathroom since Jensen had to get ready for work. 

"Damn, girl," Jensen said as Kasey walked back out of the bathroom

"Damn, girl," Jensen said as Kasey walked back out of the bathroom. "I might just need to call out of work," He chuckled as hit bit his lip.

"Jensen!" Kasey smiled as he gave him a playful punch on the arm. He took his shirt off and changed clothes as he got ready. Kasey just sat Indian-style on the bed as she watched. "See something you like?" He joked. 

"Maybe," Kasey replied, blushing that she got caught staring. 

"You wanna go out for dinner tonight?" Jensen asked as he slipped on his shoes. 

"Sure. Just tell me when and where," She answered. 

"Yes ma'am," He said as he walked over a kissed her on the cheek. "I'll see you tonight," He said as he gathered his things and walked out the door. 

Kasey sat at the table and edited a few of her projects before deciding to pack her things. No matter how bad she wanted to stay, she knew she had to go home sometime. She threw her clothes and toiletries into her bag and used her body weight to force the bag closed. After a few minutes of struggling with the zipper, she finally got it closed. 

"Good evening, Miss. Will you be dining alone?" The hostess asked and Kasey walked into the restaurant. 

"My boyfriend is actually already inside," Kasey said, pointing over to where Jensen sat. 

"Mr. Ackles?" The man asked. "Right this way," He said as Kasey followed behind him. 

"Well hi there," Jensen smiled as she took the seat across from him. 

"Sorry I'm late," She apologized, getting settled. "How was your day?" 

"Same thing, different day." He replied with a sigh. Before he could continue, the waiter came and took their orders. "When are you going back home?" He asked, holding her hands across the table as the waiter left. 

"Ready for me to leave?" She teased.

"Of course not." He chuckled. "Just curious,"

"I'm actually planning to head back after we leave here," She replied. She could tell a slight wave of disappointment washed over him. 

 "I'm sorry." He said finally.

"Sorry for what, Jensen?" Kasey asked, knowing of nothing for him to be apologizing for.

"Well, I didn't get to see you much, working and all." He said.

"I knew you would be working when I decided to come up here. Just getting to see you a few hours each day was great." She said honestly. 

"Wow," Jensen said, looking at her in slight awe. 

"What?" Kasey blushed, tilting her head confused. 

"How are you so perfect?" He asked genuinely. 

"Jensen," She laughed, taking it as a joke. "I am far from perfect," Just then, their food arrived. They continued to make casual conversation while enjoying their meal. It wasn't long before the waiter came around with the ticket. 

"Here is your ticket," The waiter said, placing it on the table. "Take as long as you like,"

Before Jensen could even try, Kasey grabbed the ticket. "There is no way I'm letting you buy dinner," He protested.

"And why not?" She chuckled, holding just far enough he couldn't reach.

"Because I said so," He said, trying to be serious.

"Because I said so," She mocked, trying to obtain his serious facial expression. 

"Kasey, give me the ticket." He smiled as he stretched out his hand.

"My treat," She said before sticking out her tongue. "You can buy next time," 

"Let me walk you to your car." He said as she finished paying, allowing her to win just this one time. "You never know what monsters might be lurking in the shadows." He joked, taking her hand.

"Vampires?" She continued.

"Definitely. But don't worry, I have lots of experience handling them." He said as he pushed open the doors, allowing the cool breeze to wash over them. They both walked slowly to Kasey's car, wanting to make the last few minutes last as long as possible. 

"This is me," Kasey said, pointing to her car once they reached it. 

"I wish you didn't have to go," He said honestly.

"Me too. I'll come back soon." She promised.

"You better." He smiled, placing a piece of fallen hair behind her ear. He looked down at her, slowly leaning in before pulling her in for a kiss. Butterflies danced in Kasey's stomach as her face grew warm. She placed her hand on his cheek, pulling him in deeper. After a few seconds, Jensen pulled away but continued to search her eyes. 

"You're so beautiful," He said grinning. "Thank you for coming to see me," 

Kasey couldn't find her words. Instead, she bit her lip with a nod and watched as Jensen reached around her. "Be careful," He said as he opened her car door. "Call me when you get home so I know you're safe," 

"I will," She replied as she slipped into her car. He gave a small wave before turning and walking back to his car. She sat in silence for a few long seconds, processing the moment with a smile plastered across her face.