Chapter 14

Why do people hate me so much? Why do they feel the need to ruin my life? I've never done anything wrong. Why does it feel like I'm getting punished?

I run through the mall with tears streaming down my face. I've been crying too much. The guys must think I'm weak. I hear footsteps pound on the floor behind me. It's probably Zayn or Niall. I keep running, not looking behind me. I slow down to a stop when I see a book store. I run through it to the back.

I lean up against the wall and try to control my breathing. I slide down the wall unable to hold myself up. I wrap my arms around my legs and look down. Tears fall down on my shirt.

I'm so tired of feeling like this.

All I hear is that I'm ugly. That I'm fat. No one will ever love me. I'm a slut. Not worth anyone's time. I should just die. I'm worthless.

I've heard all of that ever since Glen started that fake rumor. Because of him my life was ruined. He is the reason I have trust issues.

The reason I'm scared to get in another relationship.

The reason I'm so insecure.

The reason my life is completely ruined.

It's all because of Glen.

Someone pulls me to them. I open my eyes to see Niall sitting next to me. I pull away from him. He broke his promise. He said that he wouldn't let anyone hurt me.

"Natalie, it's okay." Niall reaches for me.

I slide across the floor away from him. "You broke your promise."

"What prom-"

I stand up. "You said that you wouldn't let anyone hurt me. I was slowly starting to trust you." I whisper.

"Natalie." Niall stands up, looking pained. "You can still trust me."

"I'm so tired of getting hurt." I whisper, before walking away from Niall.

"There you are!" Zayn runs over to me. He pulls me into a tight hug.

"Can we go?" I ask.

"Yeah, let me get the lads." Zayn nods.

"Never mind." I push away. "I'll get a taxi or something."

Zayn grabs my wrist. "It will only take a few minutes."

"Let go of me! I didn't do anything wrong!"

I turn around to see two cops holding Glen's hands behind his back. He is thrashing around trying to get loose. Glen locks eyes with me and smirks. Shivers run up my spine and I take a step back towards Zayn.

"See you soon." He laughs.

Those words ring in my ears. See you soon. I don't want to be anywhere near him. Does this mean he will come after me again?

"Natalie!"

That's the last thing I hear before I pass out.

"Slut."

"Ugly."

"Fatty."

"No one cares for you."

"Go die in a hole."

"Skank."

"You're worthless."

Glen walks up to me in the hallway. All the other students are behind him still saying things to me. Their voices slowly drone out and their faces blur.

"I will find you." Glen stares down at me. "You will always be the girl from school. Everyone will always consider you a slut. You will never amount to anything. I will find you."

I sit up in my bed and scream as loud as I can. I start crying all over again. Glen won't just stop. He will come back for me. Who knows what he will do when he finds me again.

My bedroom door bursts open and Zayn runs in. He sees me sitting on my bed, crying my eyes out. Glen is coming after me. Zayn rushes to my side and wraps his arms around me.

"Shh. It's okay. You're safe." Zayn rubs my back.

I don't feel safe.

I feel scared.

I feel like Glen could pop out of anywhere.

"What happened?" Zayn asks. I just shake my head. I'm crying too hard to talk. "I'll be right back." Zayn runs out of my room leaving me all alone. I curl up in a ball on my bed.

A few minutes later, Zayn and the guys jog back in my room. "She wouldn't tell me what's wrong. I know you have calmed her down before." Zayn stands at the end of my bed, looking worried.

Niall lays down on my bed next to me. "It's okay." He pulls me to his chest. Niall wraps his arm around my waist.

I take a deep breath and breathe in his scent. He smells like that jacket I have in my closet that Louis gave me. I wrap my arms around his neck bringing myself even closer to him. My sobs start to die down.

"That's amazing." Zayn breathes.

"You're safe." Niall whispers to me.

"Let's leave them alone." Liam suggests.

"No!" I tell them. "Can you guys sleep in here? I'll feel better if you do."

"Sleepover!" Louis grins.

I snuggle into Niall. He has this strange effect on me. I always feel safe around him now. It's such a strange feeling, but I absolutely love it.

••••

Author's Note:

Next chapter they will be heading to Disney. :)

Tell me what you think!

I didn't proofread.