Chapter 11

The car ride back to the flat was mainly quiet except I was crying the entire time. Niall held on to me the whole way back. I think Zayn was surprised I was letting Niall comfort me. Honestly, I'm surprised too. For once, I actually feel safe with someone.

I was too weak to walk, so Niall carried me. I didn't want anyone else to touch me. I felt safe in Niall's arm, like he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me. It's such a strange feeling. I've never felt like this before.

Niall opens my bedroom door and walks over to my bed. He sets me down on my bed. I reach for his arm not wanting to be alone.

"I'll be right back." Niall kisses my forehead. He walks over to my closet and brings me some dry pajamas. I smile at him gratefully. "Let me know when you're done." He steps out of my bedroom shutting the door behind him.

I stand up and look at the pajamas he grabbed for me. A pair of black capris and a red tank top. I trudge over to my closet and grab a clean pair of underwear and a bra. I peel off my wet clothes and toss them in a corner. I pull on my new dry clothes.

I throw my hair up in a loose bun. I grab the grey hoodie off the desk chair and pull it on. I open my door to let Niall know I'm done. I climb in my bed feeling alone.

Niall walks back in my room carrying some food in his hands. "Didn't know if you were hungry or not." He sets the food on the bed stand table.

"Thanks." I mumble. Niall kisses me on my forehead and starts to leave. I grab his wrist before he can get too far. "Please don't leave me."

Niall looks at my face before pulling the covers back. He climbs in next to me. He must have changed his clothes while he left my room. He's wearing a pair of grey sweats and a green pullover hoodie. I snuggle closer to him, wanting to feel his warmth.

"I was fifteen when I started dating Glen. I was one of those quiet, shy girls. We were dating for a month." I start, resting my head on his chest.

"You don't have to tell me." Niall rests one hand on my back.

"I want too." I say. "During the time when we were dating, Glen would try to get me to sleep with him. I would always tell him no. I guess one day he had enough. The next day at school everyone was calling me a slut and a whore. I didn't know why, so I asked my best friend Katie."

"She told me that the entire school knows that I had slept with Glen. I told her I didn't, but she didn't believe me. That's when she turned her back on me. All my secrets I had ever told her she used against me. Katie even made up her own lies to go with Glen's."

"That day was horrible. Everywhere I went people would pick on me. From ugly to slut, to fat to whore. I tried not to believe them, but I heard them everywhere. When I went home that day, I locked myself in my bedroom. I didn't want anyone to see me." I bite my lip to prevent the tears from falling.

"Zayn heard all the rumors at school. He came home and heard me crying in my bedroom. He picked the lock to get in. Zayn held me all night when I cried. My life was destroyed."

I remember that night so clearly. Zayn was pissed. When he saw me curled up on my floor crying, he instantly comforted me. He was the only one I let see me when I was crying. I didn't want anyone else to see me like that. I knew Mum would try to get me to talk about it. That was the last thing I wanted to do.

"For the rest of year, I was bullied. I even started believing some of the things they called me. Zayn got in a few fights to stand up for me. I decided I wanted to graduate earlier. I just wanted to get away from all of them. I wanted to start over. So, I graduated when I was sixteen. I was accepted into London Fine Arts Academy. I was thrilled to go."