Chapter 3

"Where's my room?" I walk over to my duffel bags I ditched on the floor. I sling them over my shoulders.

"I'll show you." Niall stands up and grabs a duffel bag from me.

He leads me down a corridor. Niall stops in front of a door. He opens and steps through.

I look in the room. It's pretty big. In the middle of the room is a king sized bed. Next to it is a small white table. The walls are white. There is one window on the right wall. There is a small bathroom connected to the room. To the right is a small walk in closet. On the wall across from the bed is a flat screen mounted on the wall. A white desk is by the window with a white chair that matches it. This room needs some color.

"Zayn wasn't sure how to decorate the room for you." Niall sets my duffel bag on my new bed. "He figured you could go shopping tomorrow."

I walk in the room and drop my bag on the bed. "It's way bigger than my dorm back at LFAA."

"You said you've been there for two years. How did you get in at sixteen?" Niall leans against the bed.

I unzip my first duffel bag. "I graduated early." I grab a handful of clothes and walk to the closet.

"You must be really smart then." Niall says.

"I guess." I shrug. I grab some of the hangers in the closet. I start hanging my clothes up.

Niall walks in the closet with my duffel bag in his arms. "I heard LFAA was really hard to get into. Only the best singers and dancers get in."

"I got lucky." I grab a shirt from my bag.

"You don't think you're good?" Niall asks sounding shocked.

I shake my head. "I'm good, but I'm not amazing like some dancers I've seen. Just like with my singing."

"I think you're amazing." Niall whispers.

My head snaps up. "I'm not." I shake my head grabbing more clothes.

"Why are you so negative about yourself?" Niall tries to make eye contact with me.

"I've always been like this." I whisper starting to remember everything people said about me.

"You shouldn't be."

"But I am and that will never change. When people keep telling you that you are ugly and a slut, you begin to believe them." I snap at him.

Niall's face softens. "Natal-"

"Just leave me alone." I push past him and run in the bathroom. I slam the door shut behind me. I lean against the door and try to control the tears in my eyes threatening to spill over.

My knees give out and I slide to the floor. I pull my legs to my chest. I start crying hard. All those painful memories from being in school are rushing back to me. I graduated early to get away from all of this.

"Natalie?" Zayn calls out from the other side of the door. "Let me in." He says.

I bury my head in my legs. Loud sobs are erupting from my body.

I haven't cried this hard in two months when my supposedly best friend was only using me to try to get close to Zayn. When I didn't give her information about him, she started to spread rumors about me. It was the Glen thing all over again.

"Natalie, please." Zayn pleads.

I slide away from the door to allow him to open it. Zayn opens the door and his eyes scan the bathroom for me. His eyes land on me. He rushes to my side and sits on the floor next to me. He pulls me into his chest. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Niall feels terrible." Zayn rubs my back. "I was going to tell them everything before you came, but I didn't. I thought it was your own business. Niall didn't mean to upset you."

I don't blame Niall for this. He didn't realize he was starting to upset me. I'm crying because all the memories of Glen came back. I started remembering what everyone called me. My best friend back then turned on me. She called me a whore. She actually thought I slept with him.

Katie made my life miserable after that. She used all of my secrets I told her against me. Two months later, she started dating Glen. That was the worst year of my life.

Everyone hated me. People always told me I was a slut. Guys would tell me that I was ugly. Many popular people said I should just disappear. Glen was the most popular guy in school. Of course everyone would believe what he said.

"I'm so sorry." Zayn hugs me tightly allowing me to cry into his chest.

••••

AUTHOR'S Note:

What do you think so far?