Chapter 10

Don't open the door. Don't open the door. No, no! You stupid girl. Don't do it. Don't you realize you are going to get yourself killed?

The murder pops out of the darkness with a long, bloody butcher knife. I let out a loud scream and hide underneath my blanket. I peek from underneath the blanket, my eyes glued to the tv.

The girl is running down a long black corridor in the mansion. The murder is right behind her as she runs for her life. She glances over her shoulder and trips over her feet. Stupid move. The murder is advancing on her. The girl stumbles to stand up, but her ankle looks broken. She grabs on the closest thing to pull herself up.

I watch the movie unable to look away. I hate scary movies. They always give me nightmares. Why did I let the guys convince me to watch this?

The girl limps to the staircase leading to the first floor. The killer stabs her in her back and laughs evilly. I gasp when the girl's body rolls down the staircase. The killer turns around slowly showing his face. I scream as loud as I can when I see a creepy clown mask, covering his face.

I bury my head in the closest thing to me. I pull the blanket to my face blocking the tv from my vision. Something wraps around my body pulling me closer.

"We turned it off." Liam says from the other couch.

I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping to block the clown's face from my mind. I am absolutely terrified of clowns.

"How about a comedy?" Liam suggests.

Someone starts rubbing my back to comfort me. I take a deep breath to calm down. A familiar scent fills my nostrils. It smells like that hoodie Louis gave me on my first night. I breathe in the scent again. It smells so good. I keep taking deep breaths and eventually calm down.

I lift my head up to see a set of blue eyes staring down at me. Oh my gosh. I was burying my face in Niall's chest. My cheeks start to burn a bright red. I scoot away from him feeling embarrassed. I look around the room making sure Zayn didn't see. Liam winks at me causing me to blush even more.

"I'm going to get some ice cream." I stand up and rush to the kitchen. I grab the container of vanilla ice cream from the fridge.

"Zayn didn't see." Liam walks in the kitchen. "He was in the shower. He just finished a few seconds ago."

I grab six bowls from the cabinet. "I feel so embarrassed. I didn't mean to practically jump on his lap." I whisper scooping the ice cream out.

"He calmed you down." Liam states.

"Yeah, he did. No one has been able to calm me down before." I tell Liam.

"That's good." He replies.

"How?" I add more ice cream to two bowls. "Can you grab six spoons for me?" I point to the drawer.

"No."

I frown at Liam. "Why not?"

Liam's face turns a light shade of red. "I'm scared of spoons." He mumbles.

I stare at Liam to see if he is being serious. "Oh." I say once I realize he is serious. "I'm sorry."

"You can laugh if you want." Liam says.

"I'm not going to laugh at you." I shake my head. "That would be rude. That would be like you laughing at me for being afraid of clowns."

Liam stares at me. Why is he staring at me? Did I say something wrong? He moves forward to pull me in a hug. I stumble backwards away from his arms. Liam stops moving and frowns.