Chapter 25

The cleanup was underway.

The attacking force that was lent to me by the larger guilds left fairly soon the next day, some scavenged for loot but were unsuccessful as I had already looted and stored all loot off site.

A few ventured into the battlefield out front of my keep but gave up soon after when I sent my men to patrol it and guard the bodies to prevent anyone from taking my hard earned loot.

That's right, I have men now.
Well technically men and woman but I had noticed that there are only about a quarter or all players are female. So out of my 50 or so new guild members, I had around 35 men and around 15 woman.

———————6 hours left——————

Soon everyone had left except for my tiny little guild.

Well not tiny, by my guess I would be in the top 30 guilds but some of the bigger guilds have thousands from all over the world.
Imagine leading all of them!...

"Collect all loot and clean up all the bones of the skeletons. But bring the bodies of the dead players back to the town hall. The skeleton king has given me an idea."
I shouted to my people.

Everyone rushed to there duties as I had commanded them and I saw players start to drag the bodies of the dead players back through the gate of the city.

Walking back to my keep I wasn't too sure about what I was going to do next.
I hadn't thought that far ahead really.

Soon I was told that the battle cleanup was completed, that the bodies had been stripped for clothes, weapons and all valuables.

I walked outside where most all of my people were standing around the dead bodies and piles of loot.

"Everyone.."
My voice faltered when I noticed a single person was atop of the city walls. Keeping watch.

"Who is that?" I asked no one in particular.

A rough looking 15 or 16 year old stepped forward "she said someone should keep a lookout, even though I told her it's pointless."

I pointed to the boy who spoke, go replace her, and send her to me.

Looking upset and angry the boy walked up the steps, and soon a pretty, young woman about my age walked up to me.

"You asked for me?" She asked, looking confused.

"What is your name?" I asked, starring into her beautiful green eyes.

"Lianna" she replied.

I turned away from her to look at my guild members.

"Thank you all for joining my guild, to most of you I would be unknown to you.
Maybe you had heard about me.
Maybe you had heard I had died.
But I will not let your opinion rely on rumors and tails, I will forge your own opinion through my actions.
I would like to introduce you all to my second in command."
I turned to look at Lianna, and everyone's eyes shifted off me to her for a second.

The realization of what I was saying swept through her mind, and she quickly turned to me with a surprised and confused expression.

"Why me?" She asked.

"You understand the importance of precaution. Something many peopled Do not."

"This is Bullshit!" Someone screamed.

"Just because she stayed on lookout that she gets to command me?" I located the the voice atop the city wall.

I looked up with a bored expression.
"You wish to challenge her?"