Chapter 22

I heard the attack was going to be in a weeks time.
The newly re spawned players wanted to quickly level up a bit to be apart of the group, it was going to be a big attack.

The players said there were almost a thousand skeletons and I know for a fact that isn't true. In fact, there should only be about 300 stationed there.
But guilds all over the world were starting to send 30-40 players each to aid in the attack.
Not because they care about the city or the players that got killed. But because the city used to be the Drowned Trident guilds city. And I guess because of how close they are with the all powerful Nights Men, they want to be in the good books.

Within the week, Nearly 500 players, from all over the map will march on my home.

Great...

Rumors and gossip changed and distorted the story until the men and woman thought they were going and taking back a city that has been taken by a Skelton Boss that has been raiding a killing woman and children in villages around the area.

I know!
Because sure, why not have such shitty luck!

But I see an opportunity

Buying paper and a quill from a low level loot store, I quickly wrote a message.

Luther.
I'm ordering you to move all remaining valuables you have to the fortress and to collect all but 100 skeletons and move them back to the city.  But make sure you put all the horses in the fortress also.

I want you to stay in the city with the remaining 500 to defend it and I want as many buildings fixed or demolished as possible before I return In a weeks time.

I will explain everything when I return. But know that I hear of a group of around 80 players are going to attempt to take the city, so be on guard, we can take them with the 500 Skeletons, so leave the rest guarding the loot.

I'll be there shortly to help win this fight.

-Poison King.

Rolling up the paper, I handed it to my soldiers on there skeletal horses and commanded them to take the letter to Luther.

They charged off towards my city.

---------1 week later-----------

The entire city was buzzing
1- because hundreds of players have gathered to attack this so called Skelton boss, and they march out in an hours time.
And 2- because there have been a couple dozen murders within the ranks of the attacking force.
The top officers of all the guilds that sent envoys to aid the attack have all died!
Some mysterious assassin has somehow managed to kill every single high ranking player with none other than a tiny cut.
Hours later they drop dead.

"Who will lead the attack?" Asked some lower level soldier. And multiple voices murmured in agreement.

"I will"
I yelled as I walked up-to the huge mass of players outside the city walls.

Hundreds of eyes looked at me.
I reached up and pressed my pendant around my neck.
Fear started radiating from me and everyone backed up a little.
I wasn't in my assassins costume or armor.
Instead in a Barithiam shining set of polished Knights armor.

I looked like the knight I used to be.

"Sir Jacob!" Exclaimed someone.

I was well known.

Not for my high level, or for my powers but because of how many people I helped.
People knew me.
People respected me.
Now people also feared me.

I walked up to the front of the attacking force.

"Who wants to kill a Boss?"
I asked and hundreds of players cheered in reply.