Chapter 24

The celebration went for days.

Hundreds of players flocked to my city for the celebration or to look for loot left behind by the players that fled the city 6 months ago.

You might be a bit confused.

I get it. I warned Luther about an attack, but played down the size of the attacking force.
Then assassinated the leaders of the attacking force and replaced them.
Then destroyed my own skeletal army and killed an ally, when I could have just smoked the entire attacking force and killed everyone.

But doing that would have put a target on my back.
Instead of a couple hundred week players attacking, it would be entire guilds attacking.

Cheering continued.
Here I was.
Sitting on the throne in the Guild hall/City hall.

People were everywhere eating, drinking and partying.

And I had no one stopping me from claiming the city.
So that's what I did.

Logging off I went on the Worlds Best website and officially claimed the City by registering and creating a guild.
My own guild.

The Day Trotters

People can contest that claim by killing me or dispersing the guild, or if I give away the city.
The game knows what we are thinking and knows when the city is taken or not.

So the game understood that the city is mine.

Opening the stats of my city I changed the name of it.

name: Day Keep.
Guild: The Day Trotters
Population: 1
Average level: 123
Defense- land: 124/1000
             - sea: 94/1000
             - air:  50/1000
City gold: 43 platinum coins.
Town mood: celebrating.

There were reports all over the Worlds Best website, all about this attack and defeat of this Skeletal boss and its army.
Usually the page was filled with reports and rumors about what the Nights men Guild has been up to, and about the leader, some kid named Ben, who is currently on top of the Player leaderboard.

But now it was all about me.
The heroic Jacob, a knight class player that has been playing the game since the start.
Well known and respected, thought to be dead, the article was saying that it is unconfirmed wether I have died and started again, or if I never died.

Within minutes of claiming the city there was a Breaking News! Notification and it was about how a new guild, created by the now famous "Paladin Day", formally known as Knight Jacob.
He created a guild called the Day Trotters and claimed the now re named Day keep.

"What?" I said out loud.

Paladin Day?
I got re named without me knowing?

It's not the worst name I guess, I wonder what writer from Worlds Best named me that. 

Logging back in, I found a huge crowd that was partying when I logged off, now waiting silently for me to log back on.

I stood from my throne, slightly confused.

Hundreds bowed,
"Day Trotters! Day Trotters! Day Trotters!...." They continued on.

I think I have some people who want to join my guild....