Forced Adjustment

Start from the beginning

What was strange was that it wasn't worrying Ladybug as much as it used to with all these changes. She felt more adapted to all these upgrades, and less worried.

Even though she noticed that the specks of red that began to decrease the quality of her eyesight were increasing, she wasn't scared. It wasn't any worse than the sight of a person that awoke in the morning. She could still see well enough, but her sense of smell was incredibly helpful and was becoming preferable to her. It was like her decision in using her yoyo, or flying with her wings: using the wings was more freeing and left her with two free hands, while using the yoyo to transport left her with only one free hand most of the time, and took more thinking.

Ladybug left Alya's house, not forgetting to pick up the diary notepad she tossed out the window. Her first intent was to leave a note for Alya with updates on how she was okay. She'd noticed her from the window, looking a little crestfallen, so she quickly went to leave a note. When she realized she didn't have a pen, she tried to find one in Alya's room. Unfortunately, with the amount of time that took, Alya had noticed she was there.

Now, she was going back to Chloe's to hang out for a short amount of time before she'd go to her first patrol since last talking to Chat's kwami and having him take her to Master Fu's. It had been exactly two weeks since he'd seen her, and Ladybug was expecting him to be all happy and flirty as usual. She always loved patrols, because they were filled with a sense of normalcy between the heroes and their magical abilities, as well as an amazing balance to their hectic lives. This particular patrol excited her, because she now had better control over her new abilities and was nowhere near as fearful as she'd been when she first started evolving.

"Honestly Marinette, you've missed a lot of school as Bridgette. I keep having to come up with weird excuses because the sick card is beginning to worry people. I'm not your mom or whatever, but I wouldn't advise missing any more school. They'll probably kick you out for all the truancy or something," Chloe spoke with irritation once Ladybug flew into the room.

"But I can't fly in school, and I have lots of weird impulses to fly. My flight is like an addiction and restraining myself to being Bridgette is like going through withdrawal. I'm probably going to act all weird again," The heroine replied, then let out a sigh.

"Well then, stop being addicted to flight! You can start by switching back to your yoyo for means of transportation, then just start walking. Didn't you say that the old man you visited told you to come if your powers started changing drastically or something? Ugh, just go talk to him," the blonde girl advised to Ladybug's annoyance.

"It's not that simple, and none of my powers were changed too drastically. It's mainly just improvements to the powers I already had," Ladybug explained, letting her wings fall behind her then tuck away to disappear.

"Why aren't you freaking out as much about your hair though?! I remember when you got the first red streak, you were being all hysterical and panicked. If you even wanted to masquerade as your civilian self anymore, that would be kinda hard. Your hair used to only have a blue hue to it, and now it's just completely black with red highlights and stuff. I'd be freaking the heck out if my hair continued to change without my permission!" Chloe expressed, throwing her arms out before clutching her blonde ponytail protectively.

"I... actually have no idea. It's like I'm not as attached to the idea of being Marinette anymore. The appearance seems to reflect my after ego more and more, and it's not exactly worrying me as much. Don't get me wrong, I still want to change back and see Marinette's- I mean my family and friends too," Ladybug told her, grabbing a hairbrush to comb through her loose hair.