Chapter Fifty

For Andy to believe that I could ever betray her in any sort of shape or form was hurtful. As soon as she read the letter, I was on the top of her suspect list along with my father. To think I would ever invest my time in such an elaborate plan to take down the most powerful gang in the world was absurd and idiotic. If whoever was doing this got away with eliminating the whole family of Santa Monica or even the whole family of California, they had hundreds of other families to go against. There were sanctions in the De Palma Family all over the globe and in different countries, they couldn't be stopped.

So whoever had enough balls to think they could overtake the De Palma Family was a f-cking misled fool. My father wasn't that. I may have just gotten to know him but after hanging out with him and my mother, they were anything but stupid. They were smart, calculated and knew their boundaries. My father wouldn't perform a suicide mission such as this. Whoever was framing my father knew he was an easy target and decided to pin it on him merely for giggles and drama.

It really irritated me that Andy literally believed every word in the letter as if the person who wrote it wasn't a psychopathic serial killer. Though, I didn't believe anything from the foolish note, I did promise that I would talk to my father and see what's up the following morning. Part of me didn't want to ask but I wanted to put it to rest and give Andy a peace of mind that my family wasn't shady.

I was aggravated with Andy so after we left Mario's apartment, I made her drop me off back at my own. She wanted me to spend the night with her to make sure I would be 'safe' but I wasn't sure why she was so worried about it. Suddenly, I was in the clear and no longer working with my father to kill her and everyone in her Family? Yeah, right.

She was so bipolar about the situation that I didn't know if I could trust her when sh-t went wrong. I get it. She's an influential gang leader. She had to be on the lookout and can't trust anyone but she should be able to trust me. Especially if she loved me as much as she said she did.

"Girl, your father's in love with you and so is your mother. He's innocent," Mia said as she sat on top of the kitchen countertop. She peeled the banana she was holding precisely before taking a huge bite out of it. "Camilo too! You two get along so well. You can't fake that chemistry. Andy is tripping. Whoever wrote that note is setting some sh-t up."

"That's what I'm thinking! They want my father and Andy to turn against each other. Andy will be so preoccupied with my father that whoever is really behind this can do whatever they want without being suspected. It's sh-tty and f-cked up. It's like Andy isn't smart enough to understand that and it's irritating," I agreed with Mia. I'm glad someone else around here was actually using their noggin.

"Dude, I wonder who it is. Do you have any idea who it might be," Mia questioned.

"Not at all. I feel like it's someone from Andy's past. Possibly, someone that I've never met. The first letter was signed by 'an old friend' but this letter was signed in my father's name. My father just f-cking met Andy and they're not friends yet. Whoever is doing this is backpedaling and throwing suspicions elsewhere and it has to be for a reason. I just don't know. It's aggravating me and no matter what I still have to go and confront my father right now." I grabbed my keys from the kitchen table and slowly made my way towards the front door. "Wish me luck, girl."

"I'm sending nothing but good vibes. Tell your fine ass brother that I said hello," Mia called out before waving me a goodbye. I rolled my eyes but shouted out a goodbye as I left my apartment.

I had called my father and he said it was more than fine for me to come over to his home. Camilo was currently there too and he was just going to suggest that I come over anyways. Hopefully, we got the painfully awkward conversation out of the way and could enjoy our day as a family.