☉ | Richie Tozier | T W O

Richie showed up at my house at two in the afternoon, looking upset. He had a bright red mark on his face in the shape of his mother’s hand. I noticed his eyes. They were puffy and red, glassy from the tears he avoided from spilling out. “Your mom again?” He just nodded. I let him, and we went up to my room. I turned on his favorite movie on my little TV. Because he was here so often he had a couple items of clothing, and I handed him a comfy shirt and a pair of joggers. They were my joggers, but they looked cute on his little legs. I made sure we had lots of blankets and we laid in bed. I laid behind him, both of us were silent. I started to stroke his marked cheek lightly, trying to make him fall asleep. His mother angered me to the point of tears at times. Neither of his parents cared about him. His mother is a drunk, and his father hasn’t shown a human emotion in years. Except contempt for his wife, and disappointment for his son. They have an amazing kid, and they treat him like dirt. My parents, are a different story. My father understands Richie, because he reminds him of himself. They love Richie and treat him like a second child. He’s aloud over anytime, and he practically lives here. He’s been here so many times because of his mom. Locked out, kicked out, ran away, his parents had left for the weekend and locked the doors. He was there five days out of the week, pretty much. My house is his escape, and I loved that. When I thought he had dozed off, I wrapped my arms around his waist protectively. I kissed his jaw and murmured,”It’s going to be okay baby.” I always felt a need to protect him. From his parents, Bowers and his idiots, even when Stan made small jabs at him for a joke Richie made. He was my baby, my favorite person in the whole world. “Thanks Aspen.” “For what?” “Everything you’ve done. You’re the best.” He whispered. “No, you’re the best.” I kissed his cheek, and he winced. “Sorry.” “It’s fine. I love your kisses.” I hated seeing him so hurt, but I like when he’s a sweetheart. “I love you Richie.” “I love you too, hun.”  The perfect ending to a shitty day.  

Word Count: 410