44

F O R T Y  F O U R

jimin and yoongi didn't really have any plans for the day except for lounging in bed all day while watching movies and eating sweets. but being a hopeless romantic, the younger boy suggested they go out to the water fall that was only a thirty minute walk away. the date turned into a picnic when yoongi insisted on bringing food for them to enjoy as they looked longingly at the crystal blue pouring from the earth.

as they felt the sun shine against their skin when they walked along a trail towards the waterfall, yoongi internally squeaked with how jimin's hand fit in his. he admired how small and pudgy his hand was. the older boy found it adorable when his cheeks with grow into plump spheres when he smiled and his eyes were brimmed with delight when the became small with his toothy grin.

the view the two came across as they neared their destination was jaw dropping. endless blue and white tones cascaded down into a matching pool. they were surrounded by lush greenery and bowing canopies. as they crept into the area the air became cooler but thicker as the mist from the falls changed it. little rays of sun crept through the leaves and palms of the trees onto the water. it seemed like liquid crystal when molecular flecks of light bounced off the rippling waves.

it was when yoongi set the picnic basket on the ground and felt the rocks and soil beneath his bare feet after removing his shoes. jimin sat himself on the ground after lying a towel down. he pat his hand on a spot next to him and yoongi complied.

"i'm not really one for nature, but this location is kinda cool," yoongi spoke. he stuffed a grape in his mouth after while gazing at the water gushing before them. everything was still but nothing was silent, and both boys really admired that. the light chirping of the birds resounded through the area and jimin's soft voice mixed with that was really music to yoongi's ears.

everything felt so serene as he and jimin ate their food and joked around with each other. they talked of the hikes and treks jimin would go on with his friends to locations like these in california.

the older boy was completely and utterly fine with sitting in silence and hearing jimin ramble about little things he admired back in america. he enjoyed the way jimin's laughter made yoongi's heart flutter in ways unimaginable.

yoongi rested his head on his propped arm as he lied down listening to jimin's soft spoken words and watched how his eyes glistened under the haphazard rays of light fighting through the canopy.

"you're staring again."

"yeah it's kinda my profession."

jimin launched a soft blow to yoongi's shoulder, the younger's cheeks littered with pinks and red hues that were similar to that of a wilting rose. his laugh was toxic, like some drug that would intoxicate yoongi into a loving daze made of an adoring high.

whenever he was with jimin, yoongi was on cloud nine. his mind was cleared, mind at peace, heartbeat irregularly fast, and eyes filled with a loving daze. he only ever felt this way when his hands were intertwined with jimin's, their chest pressed against each other, and their lips smooshed against the other's. but this time, just being around the boy sent him into an inevitable daze.

when the younger boy swiftly rose from his seat on the obsidian-stained color of the rocks beneath them, yoongi was a bit curious as to what his next course of actions would be. he most certainly did not expect for the boy to peel his shirt off, revealing his slim figure. he didn't have abs or anything near them, but his toned figure was enough to send yoongi's heart stuttering.

his back faced yoongi, the dips and curves of his bone structures and faint muscles peaking up from beneath the soft supple flesh. jimin tossed the t-shirt somewhere. yoongi didn't bother to look as his eyes were like daggers piercing the sight in front of him.