Training is for the Mighty

"Finally, our last drill," you trilled as you all stepped inside the castle.

"Yep, and this one should be the easiest of all," Coran informed. "Just enter this room with me and we'll begin."

"I don't like when anything starts like that," Hunk winced. You entered the room, where Coran  gave each of you a white headband that separated into three blue strips.

"One of the main things it takes to be a paladin is being able to mend your minds and focus on one thing, forming Voltron. You must work to try and make everything fade away. You must always use this technique when forming Voltron. Relax and open your minds. No walls. No secrets between any of you," Coran continued instructing. "Come on everyone, clear your minds, focus on mending your lions. Bring your lions together and form Voltron."

You didn't have very much trouble clearing your head. You didn't have any secrets, none that were major anyway. You'd bleed your heart to Keith, so everything you thought, pretty much was free to be shown out in the open. You just shut your eyes and let your mind do the rest. 

"Great job, keep your minds open, continue working together! Just one more to go, you can do this!" Coran shouted from the observatory. 

"Pidge, can you focus and stop thinking about your girlfriend?" Keith huffed. You opened your eyes to see that all the lions had formed, except for Pidge's lion. He was focused on a picture of him and who appeared to be his girlfriend, standing in front of the Garrison, suited in his flight suit.

"I wasn't! Hunk was just searching around in my head!" he yelped.

"I thought we were all open here? You can look around in my head hole in you want," he whimpered.

"Guys, let's calm down, and try this again," you suggested. Everyone agreed and shut their eyes to start again.

"Good, you're almost there! Now, just form Voltron," Coran encouraged. You almost had it, when the green lion holograph disappeared into the previous picture of Pidge and his lady friend.

"Pidge, what the heck!" Lance exclaimed.

"You know what! I'm done with this!" he yelled. He chucked the headset onto the ground and stood still, furious.

"Pidge, are you okay?" You comforted. 

"I'm just really tired, okay?" he apologized.

'I think it's time we take a break," Shiro vacillated. You all took off your headsets and huddled around each other cross-legged. As you leaned against Keith's shoulder, Coran came around and handed you all juice packs, which you all clearly enjoyed.

"What are you doing, lying around like lazy bums! You're supposed to be training!" Allura scolded.

"I'm having them rest a bit, it's best that we don't push them too hard," Coran defended.

"What do you mean that we can't push them too hard! Get up you lazy lumps, it's time you faced the gladiator!" she ordered.

"Excuse me, I don't think you just called us lazy lumps?" you questioned.

"Don't worry about it, she's just uptight," Keith whispered. As to not start a fight, you listened to Keith's advice, and silently walked to the training deck. It was the first time you'd actually held your bayard and finally got to see your weapon. Once you grabbed the bayard, you were given a long, clear whip the could stretch across your entire body.

"In order to successfully defeat the Gladiator, you must fight as one, and not as six." Coran instructed. Suddenly, a tall being that was decked out in blue, yellow, and white armor appeared from the ceiling with a large sword in hand.

Hunk began yelling as he swung his large gun around in an attempt to hit the Gladiator, but failed as it began doing some sort of acrobatics around the room. He was able to push Hunk to the ground and electrocute him. You and Pidge began sprinting towards him, but the robot smacked Pidge in a backwards spiral towards Hunk's paralyzed body. You managed to pull his body into your whip and swing him full force against the wall. He was pinned long enough for Lance to get a few good shots, but eventually was taken out along with Keith. The Gladiator began running towards Shiro, who seemed ready enough to start swinging back, but the look in his eyes seemed paralyzed and unready. You had to run in and send the machine swinging back.

"Shiro, are you good?" you panted. Suddenly, you were both off your feet, and flew into the floor. The simulation suddenly ended, sending the Gladiator to the ground with you.

"Are you serious, that simulation was set at the level for an Altean child! You're not even close to beginning to work as a team, let alone ready to face Zarkon in battle! Let's stop for now, and get something for you all to eat, see if that fixes your performance," Allura fumed. She was always so angry, but you didn't get why.

You all gathered along a long banquet table in the dining room.

"I have prepared a big batch of focus food for you all, after you all eat this, you'll be able to form Voltron without even thinking about it!" Coran cheered.

"Thanks Coran, it smells great," Shiro smiled. Right as you all were about to grab a bite of food, Coran pressed a button on his remote, and suddenly, you were all chained together by the wrists. You were stuck in between Pidge and Keith, so neither of your hands were free.

"Hold your horses!" Pidge yelped.

"I saw a lot of spectacular individual performances today, but as a team, you all are still struggling to work together. Get ready for the last team exercise of the day!" Coran laughed.

"Okay, we were told that two exercises ago, I have a hard time believing you," you blurted. "What exactly are we supposed to be doing?"

"It's easy, you feed each other!" he told you. Clearly that was easier said than done. None of you could get it in your mouth without getting your arm jerked to the side, splashing the green goo all over yourselves. Food began splashing all over the tables and across the floor. You could tell by the look on the princess' face that she was not pleased with how much you were all struggling.

"Can't we just have a break and eat? We've all been working our hardest today," Shiro negotiated.

"We're not your prisoners. We're not just a toy that you can play with whenever you please," Keith protested as he stood against Coran and Allura.

"Exactly, I would love to see you pick up a sword and know how to even hold it!" you agreed.

"Do not yell at the princess!" Coran defended.

"Princess of what, I don't remember her ever being my princess," Pidge stated before having food goo thrown in his face.

"Go loose, Pidge!" Keith yelled as he grabbed the food and threw it towards Allura.

"Food fight!" Hunk screeched. Right when he said that, there was ultimately a war started. You were throwing goo all over the room, it ended in your hair, ears, teeth, everywhere it could've been, it was. You ended after a couple minutes, food ending up everywhere. You all thought it was the most hilarious thing, until Allura ended your few minutes of joy for the day.

"Enough! Do you guys see what you just did?" She questioned. "You've finally learned how to work together as a team!"

"She's actually right," Keith gawked.

"I actually don't seem to hate you right now!" Lance said shocked towards Keith.

"You know what we should do now?" You asked.

"Form Voltron!" Everyone said in unison. As everyone started to get up in order to leave, you'd forgotten you were hooked together and instantly fell onto the floor. 

"Wow, guess we have ourselves in a sticky situation," Keith chuckled, as you'd landed almost right on top of him.

"Shut up, this is as good as your good as your getting with the entire team here," you mocked.

"Fine," he smirked. You shared a quick Eskimo before having to get back into focus and attempting to form Voltron one more time.