Jensen's Not-so Little Girl

Start from the beginning

"Gosh, I never get sick of this stuff," He said looking at the bottle, "Your family has really got something going with that Family Business Beer Company. How many locations have you guys got now?"

"Twelve now. Business is booming. I can't tell if it's because of the show, or because the beers just so dang good." 

"Oh the beer. Definitely the beer. I'm already wanting another, but Gen would kill me." He quickly answered. 

I looked around and saw the lights draping from the ceiling, the kegs stationed all around the room, flowers on every table, and a picture of his mom as you first entered the room. Jake really did a good job with the venue. He walked in the barn door and was trying to tie his tie while micromanaging everything else in the room. 

"Jake," My wife stopped him, "Son, calm down. Everything's going to be perfect. Just breath." She helped him with his tie, and she and Gen took him to the corner to practice what he was going to say. 

(Jake's POV)

I couldn't even breath. It was as if the oxygen level had cut in half all of a sudden. Danneel tried to help me and had me sit down. "Jake, why are we all here today?"

"To remember my mom." I answered. 

"Annnnd?"

"And... I'm going to propose to JJ." After I let the words come out, I was more nervous than ever. I couldn't believe I was actually going to do this. "What if she says no? People usually break up after a failed proposal. I can't lose her again, I just can't..." I was crying now and rambling on when Gen stopped me. 

"Jake, you've been my third boy for years, and I know you just as well as I know Jay. And I know that the two of you are happier together than apart. I do know that this is going to scare the daylights out of her, but she's going to be so happy. I know it's going to turn out just how you want it to." 

(JJ's POV)

Ariel and I had just gotten back from shopping when we pulled up to find Arrow and Oddette waiting for us outside on the front porch. I could hardly open the front door before they were dragging me through the door and up the stairs. "Hurry JJ!!" Oddette practically yelled. "We only have an hour to get ready!"

"You girls are already ready. What are you worried about?" 

"You don't want to be late to the memorial. Trust me." Arrow said as she looked to Oddette suspiciously. 

"Girls, what's going on?" I asked, annoyed with their secrecy. 

"You don't need to worry about it, just get ready." They giggled. 

"Whatever," I hurried to shower and curl my hair. "Arrow will you grab my dress on the table downstairs?"

She hurried to grab it, and my mom and Gen came back up with her. "Can I curl your hair sweetheart?" Gen asked. 

"Sure! Then I can do my makeup." 

"Actually, can I do your makeup?" My mom asked... more like begged.

"Um, sure." I handed her the brush I was using. "What's going on?"

My mom hesitated, "Uhh... we just know that it's been a hard day for you and wanted to help out." She smiled, happy with her answer, and I could tell that she had just pulled that from out of no where. I wanted to know what she was really up to. 

The memorial was starting in only twenty minutes and I looked out the window to see dozens of cars parked on the lawn. "Mom, why are so many people here already."