Chapter 9

(JJ's POV) Monday

Finally, I was finally down to my last two weeks on set. It had been rough shooting the last four weeks without Colton. He had become my best friend on set, and it was getting boring being the youngest by at least fifteen years. 

I had only two more weeks to wrap things up. The weekends were starting to get rough without being with Jake. I hadn't seen him in almost a month when I surprised him back home. He had kept me up to date with how he was doing, but it wasn't the same. We were both just ready to be done. 

I finished things up on set and went to grab my phone and bag from my set chair. The producer's assistant came up to me with a smile on her face, "Um Jay, there's something for you in your trailer." She walked away and suddenly I was filled with excitement.

(Jake's POV) The Day Before... aka Sunday Morning

I rolled over in bed and saw that it was 7:37. It was so nice to be able to wake up in my own bed. There was so much I had to get done by six tonight when Harold would be here to pick us up. As I got up I could hear someone downstairs rummaging through things in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen to find Halle with clothes everywhere on the floor and two suit cases spread wide open.

I was trying so hard not to laugh at the disaster that was spread across our kitchen because it looked like she was trying to get packed. I walked up to her and saw that she had tears in her eyes.

I sat on the floor against our oven facing her. "Woah, Halle what's going on?"

She looked up at me, "We just have so much to do, and everything needs to be perfect, and what if it rains, or it's too hot, or JJ doesn't even want to see us, or..."

I cut her off, "Woah, Halle, what do you mean what if she doesn't want to see us?"

She didn't say and word and just wiped a tear streaming down her cheek. "Halle," I pulled her in for a hug, "She's going to be thrilled out of her mind to see us. We haven't hung out with her just the four of us in months. Trust me she'll be out of her mind excited."

Halle just hung to me and sobbed. I was so shocked and had no idea what to do. Luckily Tom walked in and although he had a surprised look on his face that said What the hell are you doing with my girlfriend? I just whispered the words, "Fix her!" He crouched down and pulled her into his arms.

"Halle, just worry about packing. It's only going to be a week filled with excitement. Tom and I actually have to go plan out the final schedule for the week and then we'll be set." She sat up and began cleaning the mess she had all over the kitchen.

Gen walked in with a tooth brush in her mouth and began to say, "You guys all ready to go yet?"

We laughed as we tried to decipher what she was saying through her tooth brush and Tom said, "Yeah we should be good to go. Can ask a big favor though mom?"

She took the tooth brush out of her mouth and spit into the kitchen sink. "Sure. What's going on?"

He hesitated, "Why don't you and I talk with Jake in the hall?" We walked out and he started, "Alright mom, so Jake and I have a lot of plans that we want to do with the girls. I have about seven hundred dollars saved, and he's got about..."

I stopped him, "Wait dude are you asking for money?"

He looked at me blankly, "Well yeah. Otherwise we won't get to do everything we wanted to do."

I laughed and he looked completely confused. "Dude, I sold the prius my dad 'gave me' and made like fifty grand."

His jaw dropped at the amount of money. "Dude that's how much some people make in a whole year."