Twenty Eight : Gone

Start from the beginning

I swallowed down the sudden lump in my throat, cautiously stepping back and made a move to lock the door when it suddenly slammed open with a sharp crack. The wood door smacked me in the face rather painfully and blinded me for a split second before hitting the back wall loudly.

My entire face hurt like hell, causing tears to fill my eyes rapidly while my ears were ringing piercingly in my head and I wondered if my nose was broken. Because it surely hurt like it was.

I reeled back with bright lights flashing in my vision only for a split second when a white cloth was slapped onto my face, blocking my eyes, nose and mouth off.

Before I could stop myself, I had already heavily inhaled, dragging the extremely strong drug into my system and nearly choked at the strong burn down my lungs.

I tried to cough it back up but with the cloth so heavily forced onto my face, I ended up choking pathetically as my vision started to go blurry.

Screaming for Eros wasn't even an option because the only noise coming through the thick fabric was unrecognizable even to my ears.

All I could think to do was bite down on my tongue hard to keep myself conscious. I had bit down pretty hard because I could taste my own metallic blood on my tongue while I was punching randomly in front of me but to no affect and it seemed to hurt me more than the offenders.

My lungs burned like fire when I struggled to detach their arms from my body, choking behind the cloth due to lack of air.

I didn't care that it had no affect and even tried to kick them when thick muscled arms caught my flailing limbs and held them painfully down by my side.

I tried.

I really did.

But yet it was useless.

My entire body slowly lost its strength against my will and I could feel myself become flaccid, falling back against a hard chest to which I was lifted off of my feet.

By then, my vision completely fell into a mist of black.

.

.

.

When I regained my consciousness, I noted that I couldn't open my eyes. My entire body felt like lead, heavy and immovable. Then, I felt myself get transported along by the males. For sure I knew that there was more than one of them and they were not regular mortal beings because there was no way that they could have entered Eros' pack house if they were.

I am also sure that they were not hunters.

And from my deductive thinking, I knew that they had to be werewolves, possibly members of Eros' pack.

There was no way anyone else would be able to get to me unless they were trusted members of the pack. They surely were brave for backstabbing Eros.

The only thing I could do now was pray that they weren't going to do anything depraved to me because my mind was starting to conjure several grim and terrifying situations that I have seen before in the movies.

I could only hope that it was not the case.

Before long, they set me onto the floor with my back on the cold tile. The dirty ground underneath me smelled like urine and dirt. I was extremely grossed out but couldn't really move at the moment to get up and run for it.

Then, I started to panic.

I have no way to protect myself.

The feeling of hopelessness was soon to set in and I couldn't help but resign myself to the situation. There was no use in panicking, crying or even working myself into a fit because I knew that it was all useless.