Twenty Eight : Gone

WARNING : This chapter contains trigger related scenarios. Proceed with caution.

Freaking Zanthos was standing outside of our room, saying something about hunters being on pack grounds and that it was extremely urgent and Eros needed to go now.

I glanced at Eros who was still on top of me with his erection poking against my thigh, leaving a warm and wet trail of pre-cum on the surface of my skin.

It seemed slightly fishy that Zanthos was the one to come to the door and tell Eros the news instead of Toran. 

Why didn't anyone mind link Eros instead of letting Zanthos creepily show up here? 

Wouldn't that be much quicker and more efficient?

I mean, that's what I thought anyways.

More and more questions seemed to bombard my thoughts and I knew that Zanthos is up to something.

I have a feeling that whatever it is, it's not something good.

I think Eros thought the same thing I did because his eyes had flashed silver to show that he was probably mind linking someone to confirm Zanthos' information.

Before long, Eros breathed out a sigh under his breath.

"I'll be back in a little bit, Emira. You should sleep first," he said, long fingers sweeping my hair off of my face before leaning down and pressing a soft and delicate kiss against my warm temple. His lips lingered rather longingly against my skin before he pulled back, leaving me laying there rather dazedly on the bed.

Eros had dressed rather quickly after that, leaving a trail of musk in the after math when he walked past. For some reason, I didn't want him to go.

I pulled the covers over my entire body and face, breathing heavily into the soft fabric before the doors opened and closed to signify that Eros had left with Zanthos.

I don't know why but there was this extremely nagging feeling in my gut almost like there was heavy lead settling at the bottom of my stomach. It made me anxious and nervous for some really weird reason.

I got really jittery all of a sudden before I grabbed some new clothes from my closet and went into the bathroom to shower off all of the sweat on my skin.

As the minutes ticked by, the feeling seemed to worsen, almost as if foreshadowing that something was going to happen and I would have no chance to do anything or protect myself from it. No matter how I thought that I could and no matter how hard I try.

Odd.

Biting down on my lower lip, I quickly stepped out of the shower, slightly antsy when I shakily dressed myself in a pair of joggers and grey t-shirt. I was thinking that if something did go down, I would, at least, be dressed to run for my life; although, I'm sure that the hunters wouldn't do much to me, not at the moment in anyways. Unless someone informs them of my role as a Breeder.

That thought makes me paused slightly and just as my fingers grazed the door handle, I stopped and pulled back.

It was almost like the feeling of watching a scary movie and screaming at the TV trying to tell the main actor/actress not to open the door, because we all know that the psycho is on the other side waiting to kill them. 

My heart suddenly started to pound rapidly in my chest, adrenaline rushing through my system without any reason or rhyme.

Even my back was completely wet with sweat. Although, I just took a shower not even 4 minutes ago.