Chapter 14 - Shady Feelings

Start from the beginning

“Seriously, Court. I’m in the middle of---“

“Shoving your tongue into that guy’s committed throat. Really, Terry? Ted has a girlfriend!”

“Yeah, not after he broke up with her about an hour ago.” Terry said, sounding so proud.

“Over the phone?” I quirked up my brows at her, feeling sarcastic about it.

“Yeah, that was classic. He did it in front of me.” Her happy tone was enough for me to shake her shoulder just to snap her out of her musing.

“Geez, Terry! He was just showing off! We both know that Ted Froilan is obsessed with his girlfriend! I’m pretty sure that after he shoved his member inside you, he will dump you without missing a beat! And he’ll come to beg for forgiveness to his ingenuous girlfriend!”

“That is so not true!” She tried to reason-out.

“Yes it is. Come on, you’re better than that. You don’t want your reputation to be tainted with the likes of him, right? Besides, he’s an idiot. You deserve someone better. Promise me you’ll not be included in his long list of easy whores.”

Terry is my friend, my best friend. Of course I wouldn’t want any of my friends to be caught in that cheap situation. I’d known Ted from Troy. They were football buddies. Troy told me that Ted has this list of girls he banged behind his girlfriend’s back. He was even feeling proud about it! What a smug!

I waited for her reply. When I saw her rolled her eyes, that was the only time I felt relief washed over me. Simply because I know that she surrendered to my biddings.

“Fine.” She affirmed. Although by the sound of it she was irritated, I was still feeling happy about it.

At least I saved her from the mistake and lifelong regret that she was about to do because of the reckless calling of her hormones. “So, was that the reason as to why you called me?” She suddenly asked.

For a split second there, I wasn’t sure of what she was talking about, and then, the knowledge as to why I called for her attention suddenly pops into my head.

“Oh yeah, about that. I need your help.”

“Shoot!” Her mood suddenly alleviated. That’s Terry. She’s more interested in gossips and schemes. The words need and help were like music to her ears.

“I need to know Chad Treyson’s address.”

“What? Why? What are you going to do? Were you planning on taking his house down?” You wouldn’t miss the accusatory tone in her voice. Maybe the alcohol was getting into her head. She was rather assuming than ever.

It was clear that she was feeling baffled about this, so do I. I don’t understand as to why I wanted to know his address and as to why I wanted to visit him.

As of now, there’s so much going on inside my head that I couldn’t process mainly of it. For all I know is, I wanted to have him talk to me again and not to intentionally ignore me.

Of course I wouldn’t dare to say that to Terry. It will just boil her suspicion and simmer into misunderstanding. As much as possible, I have to make this as discreet as possible. That’s why I decided to lie through my teeth. That’s the only choice I have right now, even though the person I was lying to is my friend.

“Remember the flirtutor thingy? I’m thinking of putting the plan into action tomorrow. Saturday and away from the prying eyes of the people in our school, that would be the perfect set-up, right?”

“Totally! That’s brilliant, Court! At least we wouldn’t have to cover up for you, right? I bet you haven’t started doing that scheme since you always hang out with us. But don’t worry, I’ll give you that geek’s address in…” She examined the area as if she was looking for someone. “…in no time. Wait here.”