Chapter 23: Broken

#Callie's P.O.V#
We arrive at the hospital, and they take me into a room. They tell Lizzie, Joel, and Joey that they can't come in yet, until the observe my injuries.

I tell them that the car just barely hit me, but my leg got hit.

"Okay, sweetie, I'm afraid you broke your leg, and your hip is severely bruised, and it was dislocated and popped back into place, all in that span, so you will need a cast, and crutches." The nurse tells me.

They call Lizzie, Joel, and Joey in, and tell them what they told me.

Later, the doctors take me into another room to get my cast. Once they're done, they hand me crutches.

"Okay, so we're going to help you learn to walk with the crutches, okay?" The doctor says, I nod. I start to get a little bit anxious, wanting to get this done. They help me stand up, and almost immediately, I fell over. Hey, it's hard to walk with 1 leg! I mean, it's gonna take time, but luckily, one of the nurses was there to catch me.

"You okay dear?" She asks. I nod. We work for about half an hour and then we walk back to my room. I'm immediately greeted by Lizzie, Joel, and Joey.

"Hey! Are you okay? I mean of couse you're not... maybe you are? I don't know... how's the cast? Did it hurt? Can you use the crutches? Do you need a wheelchair?" The questions came rushing out of Lizzie mouth.

"Lizzie, calm down, I'm okay, it didn't hurt, I can walk, the cast feels good, and I don't need a wheelchair." I say, walking... well... as best as I could on crutches, over to her. I put my hand on her shoulder, but she hugged me instead.

Joey and Joel gave me hugs next, and we talked, then the doctor came in and said we, well, I am being discharged. Once we left, we got in the car and start to drive to Joeys house.

Eventually, we got to Joeys. We start walking inside and Lizzie speaks. "We need to pack, we're going home tomorrow."

I get sad for a second, but then I remember Amelia. "Yes!" I scream. "Oops... I mean, I get to see Amelia tomorrow... or.... when we get home..." I quickly say.

"I thought you hated being with me! But I understand, young love is important." Joey says, laughing after. Soon, we all start laughing at Joeys laugh. I snort, which causes us to laugh even harder.

We stop laughing, and I check my phone.
8 missed calls from: Amelia😍😍❤❤
Hm, she never calls me that much, especially if I don't answer withing 3 tries.
I quickly text her.
Hey, you okay?
She doesn't answer immediately so I sit down on the couch. I realize I have to get packing, so I run upstairs and start packing.

Once I think I'm done, I go back downstairs.
1:00 A.M
I decide I better sleep, so I grab my phone and run upstairs, nearly falling.

I get in bed and close my eyes, making sure I have everything ready before I lay down. I close my eyes and drift to sleep.

****
I walk out of the house, and do a few laps down the road. I start to head back when I get a text.
'We don't want you. Stay where you are, don't move.' I'm in the middle of the road. I try to move, but can't. I physically can't.

I can move my arms and gead, but nothing else. I turn my head to see a car, speeding, at least 100 mph, and not slowing down.

I get a phone call, but I don't answer it. I try to move again, but failed. The car gets closer, getting faster by the minute.

I know what's coming. The car gets closer, and I can see the person inside. Time slows, and I can see their faces.
The guy that hit me before, Joey, Joel, and Lizzie.

I feel a panic attack edging it's way on, and I don't try to push it away. I can't breathe, I'm getting light headed, but
I can't stop it. I finally give up on everything, and the car is about 10 feet from me.

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Thump.
I scream.
Pain. Rushing through my body.
***
I wake up, shaking, sweating, and crying.
I throw off my blanket, and check my phone.
4:00 A.M
2 hours until we leave. I guess I haven't screamed, because nobody's here.
I decide I can't sleep, so I walk out to the hallway, and walk to where Lizzie and Joel are sleeping.

I open the door, and walk to the bed.
I shake Lizzie's shoulder, knowing Joel is a heavy sleeper.

"Lizzie? Lizzie?" I start to panic as she doesn't move. Is she dead? No, she can't be, she's breathing. Did she go into a coma? Really brain? That's what you think of?

I begin to panic a little more, but Lizzie begins to move.
"Huh?" She mumbles, about to go back to sleep.

"Lizzie, it's me. I had a nightmare... it was bad. I need to ask you something..."

"What is it?" She asks, sitting up.

"You still love me, right? You won't leave me, right?" She looks confused after I say that.

"Of course I still love you, I would never leave you, or anything like that! Do you want to cuddle? We could go to your bed..."

"You can go back to sleep, I was just nervous..."

"No, we're going to your bed." She says, getting up.

We go to my room, well, the room I'm staying in, and I lay down. She lays down. As I'm about to lay down, my phone starts to ring.

I look at the caller ID.
Amelia😍😍❤❤

I quickly answer.
"Hey babe!"

"Callie! Thank goodness you answered, I tried calling you earlier but you didn't answer..." All of her words came out super fast, she sounded like she was crying, and she was panicky.

"Amelia? Are you okay? What happened?" I ask.

"Nonono, it's my mom she... she... she... she..."

"What did she di, Amelia?!" I nearly yell. Lizzie looks ate with a questioning look.

"Callie, she-"

---------
(A/N) Hey, looks, it's me again after 50 billion years. Ha! Cliffhanger! I'll be writing that, but you know, I take forever to upupdate so...
Byeeeeeeeeee