Prologue

#Lizzie's P.O.V#

    Today's the day. We go to find out if we can have a baby. I'm nervous, Joel's nervous... I hope everything turns out alright.

    "You ready to go?" Joel says, grabbing my hand.
     "I guess..." I reply, feeling really nervous.
    "It's going to be okay..." He said, but he didn't sound very hopeful.

   #20 LONG MINUTES LATER#

   We're here... We take the longest time going in the building, knowing that when we come out, it might not be good...

    We get in the room the receptionist says to go to, and sit in some chairs. Joel grabs my hand ad the lady who holds our future comes in.

    "Lizzie, Joel, I'm just going to say it... You can't have kids... Lizzie is unable to carry a baby." The girl said. I couldn't hold it in, tears started to slip down my cheeks and I started crying.

She continues. "There is about a 15% chance that you could get pregnant, and an even smaller chance the baby could survive the whole pregnancy."

I couldn't believe it... it was my fault... MY FAULT!!!

                    #JOELS P.O.V#

      I felt so bad for Lizzie. Why couldn't it have been my fault? Lizzie shifted in her seat.

"Is there anything we could try?" Lizzie asked, she really wanted a kid.

   "Well, you could try adoption." She said while nodding.
    Lizzie looked at me. We stared into each other's eyes, we wanted to do this.

    We left after getting information on who to call, and what the the requirements were and a that jazz.   

             *Time skip 2 days*

Lizzie was still upset a few days later. She wasn't as sad, since we started looking at orphanages around us. We found one. Sunlight orphanage. We made some calls and made an appointment to see the kids. They had all ages l, but Lizzie and I decided that ages 12-14 would be best, since it's our first time, and they could tell us if we're doing something wrong, and also because some of them have been there a while.

            *Time skip 3 weeks*
We've had the adoption adjency look at out home, they said it was clear. Today was the day... we go to the orphanage.

We're here! I grab Lizzie's hand and walk up... I'm ready. I look at Lizzie.
"You ready?"
"Yep!" She says, smiling wide.

(A/N) Hey guys! How's it going? I really hope you're enjoying my story! Next chapter will be great, and hopefully longer! Byeeeee