Chapter 1: Lizzie and Joel

#Callie's P.O.V#
Today we're supposed to have an adoption day, that's usually every saturday. But, that started at 3:00 and it's only 11 in the morning... WAIT 11? I jump up and get dressed, not brushing my hair, and run downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Hey, NERD!" The mean girl in the orphanage, Gracie, yelled in my face, making me spill my breakfast... EVERYWHERE.
"Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you!" I screamed, getting up to go change out of my, now syrup covered outfit. I showered, and then I changed into a turqoise crop top and some jeans. By now, it was 1:30, and I decided to do my hair in a high ponytail.

1:45. I start watching some of ldshadowlady and Smallishbeans videos. I lost track of time, and it was 3:00, and the announcement saying "Girls 12-14, please meet in the main lounge room." I ran downstairs, shoving my phone in my pocket, I didn't look up until I was all the way downstairs.

#Lizzie's P.O.V#
We're here, we're here, we're actually here! Walk in, and the lady we talked to on the phone was here.
"Hello, I'm Ms. Snav, welcome to our orphanage!" She spoke, putting on a completely fake smile.
"Hello, we would like to adopt a girl, 12-14 years old?" Joel said, smiling. They called the girls to the room, and we waited. One girl came down way after the others, shoving her phone into her pocket, and not looking up. She looked up, and she looked shocked.

#Callie's P.O.V#
I ran downstairs, I was shocked. I saw Lizzie and Joel! I could feel my breathing pick up, I was having a panic attack. My breathing got fast as Ms. Snav tries to calm me... It didn't work, I passed out.

Eventually I woke up. Ms. Snav helped me up, and I got in line. Of course, I was next to Gracie, ugh.
"That's why they don't want you." She told me.
"Huh?" I was super confused
"I said that's why they don't want you, because of those panicky things. It's also why people bring you back. It's why nobody ever chooses you, they don't want a broken kid." She said.
"Oh." That hit hard.
"You have no chance at all!" I look up at Lizzie and Joel, and see them start to look up, I had tears in my eyes. I ran. I ran upstairs, turning on my phone, and watching one of Lizzie and Joel's videos.

Was she right? Am I broken? Will I always be here? About 30 seconds into the video, I hear footsteps. Assuming that they were Ms. Snav's, I continued watching the video. There a knock at the door.
"Go away Ms. Snav, I already know I'm never going to get adopted!" I yell, my voice trailing off at the end. The door opens, and there's a hand on my back. I turn, and I see Joel,  he walks to the chair I have in the corner and sits down, while Lizzie comes close to me. She motions for me to scoot over, so I do, and without saying anything, she lays down and hugs me.

Eventually, I fall asleep, Lizzie still hugging me.

            #Lizzie's P.O.V#

When we saw that little girl run off, we tried to follow her, but a girl, who says her name was Gracie, stopped us. We ignored her and followed the other girl upstairs.

We knock, and we hear a muffled,
"Go away Ms. Snav, I already know im never going to get adopted!" With her voice trailing off at the end.

We walk inside, Joel puts his hand on her back, to let her know we were there, and she turns around. I realize that she was watching one of our videos, and my heart melted.

Joel walks over to a chair and sits down, and I motion for the girl to scoot over, and she did. I laid down, hugging her, and she fell asleep. Soon after, I fell asleep.
--
I wake up, look at joel, careful not to wake the girl.
What time is it? I mouth to Joel.
He shows me his phone, 3:30 we've been asleep for 15 minutes.

I feel the girl start to wake up, so I start to move a bit. In a few minutes, she was almost fully awake. She rubs her eyes. "What time is it..?"
"3:30." Joel says, quietly.
"Oh... wait... Lizzie? Joel? I thought it was a dream..." She says, she sounded confused.

"Nope, we're here, what's your name? I didn't catch it?" I say.

"Oh.. my name is Callie..." She said, shyly.
"I love that name!" I say, hoping I cheer her up.
"You do? Nobody has ever said that before! Thank you!" She says, then hugs me, but quickly stops.

                    #Callie's P.O.V#
I can believe I'm meeting them! They're the best. I know, the chances are slim that I actually get adopted, but still.

"We better get going now, we have to come back tomorrow to pick someone up."  Joel says. Lizzie kind of giggles.

                 #Joel's P.O.V#
"We better get going now, we have to come back tomorrow to pick someone up." I say, and as Callie turnes to look at Lizzie, Lizzie looks at me. I wink, and Lizzie giggles.

               #Callie's P.O.V#
"Well bye I guess." I say, kind of sad that they have to leave.
"We'll see you tomorrow." Lizzie says.
"Okay, I guess when you pick someone else up..." I say, not trying to sound rude.
"Bye." Joel said, hugging me.
"Bye." I say, and that repeats with Lizzie.
-----
I go to sleep that night, think about how I just met Lizzie and Joel! I hope they adopt me, but I also saw them talking to another girl, who was 12 and to be honest, she deserved to get our of here, she's really nice... anyways, I hope I get adopted, I've been here too long.
_______________________________________

(A/N) HELLO! DO YOU LIKE THE LONGER CHAPTER?! I'm going to stop yelling now. But seriously, do you like long or short chapters?
Byeeeee