Chapter 6: Girls aren't objects that you can just call 'dibs' on

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, wait here quickly," I hurriedly get out of the car and run into my house, up the stairs and into my room. I take a five minute shower and wear a maroon spaghetti strapped crop-top with a blue high-waist jean and finish it off with my white converse.

If you haven't guessed it, I love my converse.

I run down the stairs again, not bothering to do my make up and hair, and go to the car.

"That was faster than expected," Tristan raised his eyebrow in amusement and the car roars to life as he starts it.

"I guess I'm fast then," I shrug and pull the seatbelt across the body. "So why did you decide on coming to the party?" Tristan breaks the silence that covered us as we are on the road. "Peyton didn't give me much of a choice," I reply, looking at the streets of houses as we pass them by.

"Okay," he nods, "Now I know why you didn't want me to call you Angel," he says randomly.

"Achievement unlocked," I say sarcastically and he shakes his head in amusement.

We arrive at the party a few minutes later and as I expected, it is loud-- the enormous luminous house, the loud music taking over the entire street and beer bottles everywhere. Teenagers crowding both the inside and outside of the house.

We make our way inside the overcrowded house and just as we enter, Tristan disappears. Great. Did I really expect him to stick around? Maybe. I push my way through the crowd of teenagers dancing and grinding on each other, and go to the kitchen which I absolutely have no idea where it is. This house is a maize. I trying looking everywhere, but no matter which room I go to, it's either there are people making out, drunk or doing what shall not be said.

Awesome. Notice the sarcasm? Yeah? Good.

"Hailey!" I hear a familiar voice behind me. Finally.

"Peyton!" I say in relief. "Where the heck have you been? I have been looking everywhere for you."

"I've been busy," she says, looking a bit tipsy.

"With?" I raise my eyebrow and she avoids my question and eye contact. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose and say, "I don't even wanna know." She laughs and takes hold of my hand and leads me to the dance floor. I love dancing, but I am not in the mood right now. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's the 'incident' that took place earlier today. "C'mon, loosen up a little," Peyton brings me back from my thoughts. "I'm not feeling it," I say. She simply shrugs and finds a guy to dance with. She is something.

I walk away from the dance floor and go outside for some fresh air. The backyard of this house is huge and beautiful. There is what seems to be a lapa, covered with bright lights. The pool is almost the same size at the one used in the olympics, but a tad bigger. In the far end of the yard, there seems to be a set of children's swings. I guess Greg has siblings.

I sit at a nearby bench and try to relax. My mind wonders off and soon I am consumed with my thoughts. Why and how did Tristan begin fighting for Henry? This question keeps on repeating in my mind and soon I remember the cause of my problems.

Him.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't be sitting alone," a voice interrupts my thoughts. I turn back to see a guy with dirty blonde hair and green eyes. He's tall, but not as tall as Tristan. He is good looking if I may say and you can see that he doesn't struggle with girls.

I stare at him without uttering a word. "Greg," he says walking over to sit down next to me. "Hailey," I say and he nods. "I noticed you came with Tristan," he says. "Yep," I say. "Are you two...a thing?" He asks and I laugh.