[48]: Waterworks, Revelations & Flower Meanings

Start from the beginning

"He doesn't Fin, I hoped that he did or for the hope that he liked me and this morning was our chance and once again he blew it. I put all my cards on the table for him to turn away and speak to Tina over me."

"He may have answered his phone, but you didn't put all your cards on the table though did you Lydia?" He dad says coming over and sitting on my other side. "You never told him you loved him."

"I can't do that." I whisper. "It'll change everything."

"But it could change it all for the better baby."

"I hoped so, I wanted to tell him how I felt but I could see the panic on his face of just making us official. I don't think he wanted that from me."

"I think you're wrong."

"And why's that?" I ask

"Wipe those tears away and come with me." Dad says getting up off the sofa and walking towards the dining room.

I heard the front door open and the girls clatter into my hallway. "LYD WE'RE HERE." Lois shouted.

"I'm in the dining room." I reply.

I walk in wiping my face, slightly confused after what my dad just said. There stood in the corner of the room was my mannequin. Ash must have dropped it off and not come to see me, that hurt. My dress was still on her but she was different as well. Around her neck was a carrier bag that I didn't put there before I left Ash's this morning.

"What's this dad?" I ask turning to my dad but see Ash stood there instead, smiling at me whilst holding a small bunch of flowers in his hand. The girls were stood behind him grinning like maniacs.

"Ash? What are you doing here?" I ask smiling shyly at him.

"I came to apologise for earlier."

"There's no need, I told you what's happened." I whisper at him and he nodded walking closer to me and my breath got caught in my throat.

"I know what you said but I'm willing to wait."

"What?" I whisper gazing up at him confused. "Wait for what?"

"I'm going to wait for you, to show you that I want to be with you. No more girls, no more Tina. She is just a friend; that is it I promise. I got scared earlier when you asked me if I wanted more from our friendship...and god Lou I'm scared now. I know now that I should have just told you that, and been honest with how I was feeling, instead I had a huge internal battle of what I wanted to happen and the thought of losing you, and this went belly up."

"Ash..." I say quietly, not actually believing this was all happening. Why didn't he just say this to me this morning?

"I wish you'd told me all this earlier." I say softly looking up at him with tears brimming my eyes.

"I know...and I know you're back with Elliot now because I messed up again but I was hoping that you'd give me a shot as well. If Elliot really does make you happy and you want to be with him then I'll leave you be and I'll back away, but if there's a chance that I can make you happy then I want to try it."

"But what about you and Tina? I heard you on the phone earlier saying you weren't doing anything important, that she could come round. We were talking about us Ash and you just blew me off for her."

"No I never, she asked if she could come round this afternoon to talk so I said yea. I knew you were leaving to go speak to Elliot and I had nothing else planned. She rang me whilst I was having my internal panic. I answered to try and level my thoughts about us. You misheard the conversation."