I Love You

Y/N's POV

I soothed out the red dress that I bought last week on the bed. I admired it, it was Marc's favourite colour, and it was the type of dress that Marc admires when I wear it. I was excited for today, but mostly for tonight.

Tonight, he promised me that he would take me on a date. We hadn't been on a date for weeks, probably months. He was busy with his racing life, but tonight, it would be all about me.

"Hey, doll," He greeted me and hugged me from behind, kissing my cheek before letting me go.

"Hi." I answered, looking at him.

He picked up a small, black travel bag with him, then went to the closet and started to pack some things.

I raised a brow, confused by his actions. But then a smile crept onto me, thinking it was a surprise that he was planning for tonight.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat on the bed, continuing to look at him packing.

"You don't remember? Or haven't I told you?" He shrugs, "I'm leaving for Milan tonight, there's a Honda presentation tomorrow morning. Mick Doohan will be there."

"You don't remember anything else?" I breathed out. "Or is that all what's happening?"

"I don't remember anything else?" He chuckles before stopping to look at me. "Is there something that I should know, doll?"

"Yes, there is!" I shouted. "Our post-pone anniversary that you planned because you were busy on our actual anniversary day, Marc! You promised!"

He pauses as he looks away, thinking about what I said. Few seconds later he looked at me with guilt.

"I am so sorry, doll, I forgot." He quickly went to me and sat down beside me. "But this Honda presentation is important. Can we, by any chance, post-pone the date again?"

"Are you kidding me?" I scoffed. "Is that it? You think that sorry and asking for a another post-pone is alright? Well, news flash Marc, it isn't! And there's the worst thing, you promised!"

"I know, doll, I-"

"And the worst thing is, we won't see each other next week!" I interrupted him.

"I know, I know. I'm trying my best, trust me." He calms me down, as he tries to pull me in for a soothing hug, but I pushed him and stood up.

"You know what? I don't care anymore. Do whatever the hell you want with your life now. We're done." I said as I quickly grabbed my handbag and went out from our - his bedroom.

"Wait! Y/N!" He calls out my name, but I ignored it. Tears were now running down my cheeks, but I swipe them away.

Thankfully, I haven't sold my apartment yet. It has been quite a while since I was here, and it was kind of dusty. My makeup was now ruined, mascara running down my face, lipstick prints all over my bed sheet, and my hair in a mess.

It had been hours, and Marc hadn't come to see me, or make any contact with me for that matter. I would say that it was fine, but it wasn't. I needed him here to comfort me, to tell me that everything is alright, to tell me that he loves me. But, he isn't. He's probably at the airport.

The next day came by pretty quickly. I didn't have a lot of my stuffs because it was still at Marc's. Since Marc said that he had a presentation at Milan, means that he wouldn't be home for a whole day. I decided that I should head back there and collect my stuffs. But before that, I freshened up.

I sighed once I got out from my car, looking at the house. Memories of Marc and I instantly flooded through my mind, I smiled, but quickly shrugged it off.

I turned the door knob, and it opened. It wasn't locked. Didn't Marc lock the door before he left? Or did he want the thieves or burglars come in and steal his stuffs? I went it, the smell of the scented living room was still there.

I went into his bedroom to take all of my stuffs, but then I heard cries. Oh my God, was there a ghost? Was it a thief who cried because he came in here and had nothing to steal?

I swung the door opened, revealing a crying Marc on the bed, the same shirt that he was wearing from yesterday. His turned his head to the direction of where I was at, a small smile crept onto his face, then quickly stands up to run to me. He pulled me to hug me tightly.

"You- you came back." He croaked, pulling me even tighter.

"I came back to take back my things." I said, rather bluntly. He pulled away, swiping the tears that were on his cheeks with the sleeve of his shirt. "Why are you here anyways? Aren't you suppose to fly out or something?"

"I couldn't. I broke down when you left me. I cancelled. I realise that I hurt the one that I love without even realising it at first." He says lowly as he stroked my cheek, a frown plastered on his face.

I stayed quiet. Actually, I miss him incredibly, and I still wanted him.

"I'm sorry, and I really mean it. I messed up bad. I shouldn't forget the special day in my life or the post-pone date of it, and I should pay attention to you more. It's like, a piece of me has been taken out. Please, Y/N, I love you. I want you." He got down on both of knees, holding both of my hand, begging for me. "I want you back, please don't leave me."

Tears were forming in my eyes as I smiled a bit. I looked down at him, he was waiting for my answer, if I'd say no, I know that he would still get me anyways because he was charming.

"Don't worry Marc, I want you back too. And I'm sorry for acting shit, I should've understand your job because of how hard it is, I know that you're trying your best. It's okay, I love you." I said slowly, to make sure he comprehend my words.

Once he heard them, he stood up and hugged me once again. I chuckled as I hugged him back. "I'm sorry, again, I won't let you down again, I promise."

"You sure that you can keep that promise?" I playfully asked.

"I already said I'm sorry!" He widens his eyes, looking at me intensely.

"I know, I love you."

"I love you too."

{vote, comment and share}