Chapter 15

Keith looked through each room he came across. Three out of the five were bedrooms none of them looking Lotorfied so it meant they weren't his room, the other two being a bathroom and a music room filled with different musical instruments. He speedily searched his way through each room, making sure his glasses caught everything. He just hoped Lance was doing alright on his side. He hoped he found at least something. They needed evidence. They had a glimpse of the quintessence gem around Lotor's neck but, as Keith said earlier, it was easy to fake. They were so close to getting rid of the man. Keith and Shiro would keep their jobs and Lance would get his revenge on his sister's murderer.

Everything was silent aside from the pounding music from downstairs. It was odd how the sound didn't travel as well to this wing of the mansion. It sounded muffled as if there was a thick wall between him and the party. Keith was looking through the last bedroom, pulling out one of the many drawers in a cupboard only to be met with emptiness. He ran his fingers over the rims of the drawers and the interior of them,just to be sure. He had to thoroughly check. Who knew where Lotor could be hiding things. Drugs, more stolen jewels, unauthorised weapons. Anything of the above could appear. Keith just had to find something.

"Keith." He heard Lance's voice whisper over the comms. His head jerked upwards in attention.

"Yeah? You okay?" He asked quickly. Keith didn't want anything to happen to Lance. If something happened to him... Keith had started to feel all of these soft emotions for the guy, he couldn't lose him now. The one man who Keith felt as though he could open up to without being judged. Sure, there was Shiro, but Keith felt as though he could give Lance his everything. Maybe there had been feelings when Lance had only been a waiter to him. Maybe Shiro was right when he said Keith hadn't wanted Lance to stop flirting. Finding out about the fact Lance was the Blue Paladin had shocked him. He'd been angry. A lot angrier than he would've been if it had been someone else. Maybe it was because he felt betrayed that the one guy he liked wasn't who he thought he was. But all Keith knew was that he refused to lose Lance. Especially when he hadn't taken him on a date yet.

"Peachy." Lance replied, "I found a secret door." Now that got Keith's eyes to widen in surprise. "I don't know where it leads but I'm gonna check it out."

"Wait, no. Don't be an idiot, Lance, wait for me." Keith protested.

"You'll take too long. What if Lotor decides that Allura is boring and wants to take a snooze?"

"He's too close to her right now. I want to punch him." Came Shiro's voice through what sounded like gritted teeth.

"See, it won't happen. I'm coming. Wait for me." Keith said quickly. If there was something down there... A dead body or worse... He wanted to protect Lance from it all. Even if the blue-eyed beauty was capable of looking after himself, Keith wanted nothing more than to block him away from the evils of the world. Do his job as a policeman and save him from crime. But how could he do that when Lance was a part of crime itself? He was a thief. Keith had to remind himself that. Their relationship would never work unless Lance stopped.

Then the promise came to mind. Lance promised to willingly go to jail and confess to his crimes once this was all over. Keith felt his heart crumble at that. That was the right thing to do... Arrest the Blue Paladin. He had to do the right thing. He had to make the right choice. It was his job to stop crime. But why did he want to let Lance continue? Jeez... This is why he should've never allowed himself to help Lance.

"Hurry your ass then, Mr Policeman." Lance replied, breaking Keith from his thoughts. Keith then shut the drawer he was looking in and sped out of the room, trying his best to be light on his feet as he ran through the hallway. However, the sound of a gasp coming over the comms had him skidding to a halt. "Wh-What?" He heard Lance breathe out, "Holy s-shit..."