Chapter 12

Four pairs of glasses were placed on the table, lined up in a perfect line, all of which were in different colours. Blue, red, black and pink. Pidge stood proudly at the end of the coffee shop booth, chest puffed out and arms folded in front of her. Hunk stood behind her, smiling at them all, looking just as proud. The others sat at the booth, looking down at the glasses in curiosity. The techno duo must've not slept, it had been a day. Only one day. And they had made these 'spy glasses' as Pidge had introduced them as. They looked like casual glasses, the pink being the only one with a thin circular frame which still captured the pastel colour well. The others all reminded Keith of those typical thick-framed aesthetic glasses Keith used to see all over tumblr. Keith couldn't see a camera whatsoever. However, when he picked up the blue pair, he saw an almost unnoticeable dot of black at the corner. When he brought it closer to his eye, he realised it was a tiny camera. It could pass of as a little bit of dirt.

Lance sat beside Keith, maybe a little closer than he would like to admit. Keith didn't mind. He hadn't minded being in close proximity with this guy for a while now. He definitely couldn't complain. The morning and beginning of the afternoon had gone well, they'd eaten breakfast and watched Jurassic World. Lance wouldn't stop going on about how 'sexy' he found the male protagonist. Keith had just rolled his eyes. Was Keith jealous? No, totally not. Him, jealous over an actor? Nope. Not at all. But there was no way he'd watch that movie again. Keith had most of the day off, it was a Saturday which made it perfect for their plan.

"I was going to make them all black but Hunk wanted to assign you all colours." Pidge said, sending a glance back over at her companion.

"I thought it would be less obvious if they were all different." Hunk said, "Plus, the colours will suit the outfits you're wearing."

"Oh, and yeah, he picked out outfits for you all. He's an organised man." Pidge looked back at the small group before them. Judging by the looks on their faces, they hadn't actually thought about outfits. "You're all going to look like walking porn, just you wait."

Keith couldn't help but huff in amusement at that.

"I'm walking porn everyday." Lance stated, puffing his chest out proudly and grinning.

"If you were on a porn site, you'd leave some pretty dissatisfied people." Keith replied without a second hesitation, smirking at Lance's dramatic 'offended' gasp.

"I'll have you know I satisfy ever-"

"That's enough, thank you!" Shiro cut in, effectively stopping Lance from continuing his sentence. If Lance had carried on, Keith was sure he'd be left a little bit too 'excited' for his own good. Thank Shiro for stepping in. But no thanks to Shiro for the slight twitch upwards at the corner of his mouth as he gave Keith a quick, knowing look. Keith frowned and folded his arms over his chest, leaning back against the chair's backrest. Lance just leant forward with his elbows on the table and his face smushed in his hands. Shiro waited a second before continuing. "We have four hours. So, we need to go over the plan and get ready for the party. Okay?"

"Alright, dad." Lance replied. Keith watched as Shiro gave Lance a sharp glance causing the thief to shift in his seat, scooting a little closer to Keith as he cowered away from the 'angry' cop 'dad'. Shiro's gaze softened and he smiled to himself, smug to have created a reaction. Well, Keith was quietly trying to will the slowly growing blush on his face to die down at Lance being a little too close. As mentioned before, he didn't mind the close proximity but that was when Lance wasn't pressing up against him like this.

"You should see the reaction he gets from me." Allura said, smiling mischievously at Lance before looking up at Shiro. "That's nothing compared to what I can get out of him." And there Lance was, pressing himself even more against Keith, now going so far as to grab Keith's arm to hide his face behind it.

"That's hard to believe, you're too beautiful to scare someone." Shiro said light-heartedly. It took a moment for him to realise what he just said. Allura's eyes widened slightly as a light pink dusted over her cheeks. Shiro had the exact same expression. The look that passed between the two of them had both Lance and Keith looking between them with matching smirks.

"You think I'm beautiful? Well... Um... I think you're handsome, too." Shiro's reaction was priceless! His eyes were comically wide and his mouth hung open while the blush spread from his cheeks to the tips of his ears. Keith raised a hand to cover his growing grin.

"Be careful, you might catch flies." Pidge piped up, snickering behind the back of her palm. The cop's mouth snapped shut and he averted his gaze, looking down at the table shyly. He reminded Keith of a teenage girl who had just talked to her crush for the first time. Allura gave Shiro one long look, one that held a glint of fondness before she pushed a few locks of hair behind her ear and turned back to the table. She refused to meet Lance's eyes because she just knew he'd make a comment if she did.

Allura picked up the pink pair of glasses and held them up to inspect them. Pink was definitely Allura's colour. She looked at Hunk for confirmation that these were actually hers. With the nods she got in response, she smiled happily and slid the glasses on. Immediately, Keith envied how well they suited her. He heard Lance whistle beside him and turned to look at the thief to see a large grin on his face and a his hand in the universal gesture for 'perfect'. Keith had to admit, Lance and Allura had a good friendship. In all honesty, they seemed more like siblings than they were friends. Like an older sister and her little brother.

It was kind of like his and Shiro's relationship. A friend or working partner didn't describe how Keith saw Shiro. He was his big brother, his mentor, his best friend. Someone he could rely on, someone he could trust and someone who'd be there no matter what. Shiro saw the same in Keith no doubt. They had been around each other enough that they could tell what each other were thinking and that was hard with Keith. He had a great poker face but Shiro seemed to be able to read him like an open book.

"Lance, you've got blue. Keith, you're red and Shiro, you're black." Hunk said, "Please don't break them."

"If you do, I'll end you." Pidge warned. Keith didn't doubt it. He learnt to never doubt anything Pidge said.

"End us after we arrest Lotor." Allura said.

"He's going down." Lance spoke up suddenly, voice deep and sounding much... darker than before. It was extremely obvious how angry the drug 'prince's' name made him. Keith didn't know what made him do it, probably the urge to make sure Lance knew he wasn't alone, but his hand searched for Lance's. When their hands found each other, Keith intertwined their fingers. Lance stiffened slightly, head snapping to the side to look up at him, but then his fingers curled around Keith's and a ghost of a smile formed on his lips.

"Okay. Let's talk about the plan."