Chapter 4

mrc2 Note: i hate the wizard of oz usually. but guess who played dorothy in a drama workshop and enjoyed herself.

this gal right here.

it was probably mostly because of the fact i was allowed to wear glitter.

also, sorry not sorry for this chapter.

"Just five minutes, sir, that's all I need. I just need to figure out if he knows where his partner is headed so we can get you that gem." Keith said. He was back at the station, looking up at his always-pissed chief. Iverson glared down at him, eyeing the policeman for a long moment. Shiro hovered behind Keith, chest puffed out slightly and his back rod-straight as he kept a brave face. Iverson didn't get to the chief position with just good working skills, it also included intimidation and strength at its finest. And he even scared Shiro which was one hell of an achievement. Keith wasn't scared of him, fortunately, but he knew he had to be careful with what he said because Iverson would happily throw Keith off of the force. He had never liked the cop.

It seemed like Iverson was in one of his better moods. He scowled at the two, giving them a brief once over. "Fine. Five minutes, no more." He said, folding his arms over his chest. His eyebrow twitched in impatience. "Get your asses on the move then." And they did as they were told, not wanting to wait for him to change his mind.

Walking into the interrogation room, the caught thief sat at the table in the centre. The room was a dull grey, a one-way mirror lined one of the walls. The man at the table was jittery, fingers clasped tightly together while his body twitched anxiously. Hearing the door open had him whipping his head up to look at the policemen as they entered. He immediately stilled his nervous twitching, glaring at them both. Keith had to say, at first glance this guy wouldn't be seen as anyone capable of thieving. He didn't have steady enough hands. Keith knew from Lance's many thefts, a light and quick hand was what made a good thief.

Keith wasted no time as he walked over to the table. He stood on the opposite side of the table, matching the thief's glare. "Who do you work for?" He demanded. The thief stared up at him for a long moment before scoffing.

"Like I would tell you." Came the slow reply.

Keith slammed his hands on the table. The thief jumped in his seat but quickly composed himself. "Who do you work for?" He asked again, voice rising in volume. The thief just resumed his glare back up at him.

That was when Shiro stepped in. He cleared his throat and walked towards the table. He circled around Keith, the table, then stood behind the thief's chair. Placing a hand on the back of the chair, he looked from between Keith and the thief in front of him. The calm on his features had Keith easing his posture and straightening up. The thief bobbed his knee nervously, staring down at the table. He clearly didn't like the fact Shiro stood behind him with an atmosphere about him that clearly stated he wasn't going to ask twice.

"Ryan Dofield, that's your name, am I right?" A stiff nod. "Okay, Ryan, so we just need an answer. You see, if you cooperate, we will make sure that the judge knows you helped us. It might lessen your charge." Shiro spoke, voice remaining calm as he spoke. He kept his gaze locked on the back of Ryan's head. There was a long pause as if the thief was weighing his options. He then nodded again. "Good, now, who do you work for?"

"I don't know." Ryan said after a moment's hesitation, "We never were told. We got a phone call, were told to steal the Quintessence gem, then we were told to deliver it to the given destination." Keith perked up at that, a curious eyebrow arching. "I swear, I'm telling the truth, we were never given a name. Just that he wanted the job done. There was another guy trying to get the gem, he said, and he wanted us to get there first." He was talking about the Blue Paladin.