Ch. 29 "Again"

Gemma, Emily, and Sam were all in the Kitchen finishing up the decorations for Lucas birthday. There was no real theme to this party but there seemed to be a lot of jungle looking party supplies.

Gemma finished frosting the cake as the other two got out everything necessary for hotdogs and hamburgers. The party wasn't going to be that big but there was going to be a lot of men that worked with Nico, Renzo, and Sam's new boyfriend Dino who was also the half brother of Gemma.

A table was set up outside and all of the condiments were moved their with plates, forks, napkins, and different bags of chips. The three men were out by the barbecue starting to cook the burgers with a beer in their hands. Walking back into the kitchen finding Gemma's two friends eating out of the veggie tray while laughing.

"Come on! The party will start in less than thirty minutes just wait till people get here to eat."

"Fine but if people will be here soon you better go get changed."

With that Gemma was up the stairs and into her room changing the old pair of yoga pants for comfy bootcut jeans. The T-shirt with a hole warn through it was traded for a form fitting stripped shirt and a cardigan over the top. Pulling her long brown hair out of a ponytail she sectioned off some hair on both sides braiding them to the back of her head.

"Hey big guy! Let's get you downstairs so you can greet people for your party."

The now five year old Luca popped out of his room at four foot two. He was quite tall for his age but nothing much changed about him in these two years. He loved Gemma just the same and had excepted Nico as his father figure. He walked over wrapping his arms around Gemma as she did the same.

"Thanks mom. I love you."

"I love you too baby. Let's go."

Walking down the stairs Nico smiled at the two and quickly walked back outside. Gemma and Nico had still been married but actually started dating. She noticed Nico has been a little off lately but she had to much going on to address his behaviors. She made a mental note to talk to him after the part.

Soon the doorbell rang and multiple people were in the backyard holding conversation and having fun. After everyone had ate and settled down Gemma found Nico and told him it was time for cake.

Walking out into the backyard with a cake and candles, everyone started to sing happy birthday. One Luca blew out the candle and everyone cheered Nico whispered something to Luca. Luca replied with a head nod and turned to look at Nico.

Nico stopped Gemma before she cut into the cake and cleared his throat. Everyone went quiet and turned their attention to the couple.

"What are you doing? Are we not supposed to eat the cake?" Gemma asked confused looking at Nico. Nico only chuckled at her comment.

"Yes we may be married but like you said, It was never for love. Well now I would like to ask. Gemma will you please marry me again, but this time for love?" Nico was now down on one knee sliding his hand into his pocket pulling out a small velvet box.

"Of course I'll marry you again!" With that Gemma was laughing pulling Nico up to hug him.

And just like that Gemma and Nico were getting married for a second time.