The Littlest Guardian [Teen Wolf]

#244 "Sorry isn't going to help when I kick your ass!"

Summary: The Hales are saved by a little girl. 

Tags: Implied 'Steter', Decent!Peter, Time-Travel, Kid-Fic, Unintentional Fix-It

. .

. .

Talia is standing in front of her home, covered in soot and staring at the remains of her smoldering home. It's salvageable, she thinks, but the more important matter at hand is how they ended up here. Why did Kate Argent target her family? And just who was the little girl that broke the mountain ash barrier around their home and mock howled until she woke everyone up?

The human pack members have been escorted to the hospital and then to the hotel by her brother Peter and her husband David. She had tried to send her son Derek with them, but he reeked of such guilt and shame that she didn't want to let him out of her sight. Especially after he confessed that he was the reason Kate knew the ins and outs of their home. It was then Talia's turn to feel guilt and shame for not noticing how her baby boy was being manipulated, so she kept him by her side. And since Laura was alpha in training she had to stay as well and Cora didn't want to go anywhere without her older sister, so she stayed too.

Her two daughters kept the mysterious young girl entertained, growling playfully and letting the tiny slip of girl pounce on them. They know the little girl knows of werewolves since she whimpered and scented them when the firefighters were putting out the fire, and Talia had kept her hidden so the Police wouldn't take away the only non-Hale child.

She hasn't spoken a word, and the only sounds they can get out of her are laughter, and mock howling and growling.

"Have I mentioned I'm sorry?" The male voice coming from the woods so close to their home has all the present Hale's freezing and Derek hurrying to his mother's right side. Red eyes blaze in anger and blue eyes flare in response.

"Sorry isn't going to help when I kick your ass!" And that- that's a woman's voice.

Laura hands Cora the little girl, who then props the little girl on her hip, and Laura flanks her mother's left side with yellow eyes flaring in response to the threat. As Laura growls, Talia starts shedding clothes to accommodate her shift. A large black wolf then stands tall and proud between her two children, shielding her youngest and the one who saved their lives.

"You're human. You can't do much damage," the male mocks her.

"Keep testing me, Peter, and I'll repeatedly stab you over and over." Laura snorts and Talia growls disapprovingly. "Your healing factor only gives me more incentive to do it since you won't die on me."

"I love you too, darling."

The woman stumbles into the clearing first, spitting curse word after curse word at the man named Peter who walks out into the clearing with ease. Talia growls and the woman freezes, and Peter's eyes flare blue in response.

"You couldn't have told me we were close?" The woman grits out, not moving a single muscle. "When we get home, I'm so kicking your ass for losing our daughter and throwing me to the wolves."

"Mama! Papa!" The little girl shouts, wiggling out of Cora's hold and as soon as her feet hit the ground she's sprinting as fast as her five year old legs can carry her.

"Diana Hale," the woman scolds as soon as she scoops the little girl up into her arms, "what did you do?"

"Hale?" When the woman glances back her way, Talia is standing naked and proud. "Did you just call her Diana Hale?"