Elsewhere [HP/TWD]

#23 "So much for not getting involved."

Summary: Beth gets saved by a mysterious survivor. Oh and she learns magic is real.

Tags: Female Harry Potter, Hurt/Comfort, Recovery

. .

. .

After ridding herself two of the Deathly Hallows, Hariel Potter thought that was it. That she could go on being a somewhat regular witch and continue on with her somewhat regular life, but that apparently was not the case.

As it turns out the Hallows had to either be given away (the stone and the cloak) or taken forcefully (the wand), and given how powerful one could become with all three Hariel didn't think it was such a good idea for the Hallows to fall into the hands of an unknown witch or wizard. Because after the Battle of Hogwarts, the aftermath was pretty devastating and there was no telling to what lengths someone would go to either prevent another Dark Lord or to continue what the last Dark Lord couldn't achieve. So no one- not even her best of friends knows that Hariel has willingly become the Mistress of Death.

But eventually, all secrets come out. It might have taken years, but after noticing that Hariel Potter was not aging the Wizarding World became suspicious. Something fishy was going on and the Wizengamot was going to get to the bottom of it because they did not need another powerful witch or wizard that they could not control.

Hariel Potter, the Girl Who Lived and the Mistress of Death.. was immortal. Well, not necessarily so. Because Hariel Potter could die, but she always ended up in the white-washed King's Cross Station where Death greeted her and asked if she wanted to go back or be sent elsewhere. And since elsewhere was never really explained, Hariel chose to go back to her friends. But the Wizarding World hunted her down and a girl could only take so much hositility.

So after one rather gruesome death, and being tired of running and endangering the lives of her friends as well, Hariel chose to be sent elsewhere. But waking up in a world dominated by the reanimated dead left Hariel wondering just what exactly she had gotten herself into.

.xXx.

It took many trial and errors to figure out just what the walking dead were capable of, as well as those still living and trying to survive themselves. Because while the dead were just looking for their next meal, the living were brutalizing the living to take what little possessions and rations they had. Not all living were savages, but Hariel figured it was a better idea to not test her luck.

Fortunately, when Hariel had woken up in this new world Death had not let her go completely without. A knapsack, magicked with the extendable charm, held all three hallows. There were several changes of clothes and shoes, enough food for several weeks, and numerous vials of potions with a note that read to make them last.

Her magic still worked in this world, but Hariel had yet to come across any other magical signatures. And since she didn't want to flaunt her magic in front of people who would only want to use her for her abilities, Hariel spent weeks in search for adequate housing on her own.

'Lo and behold, she finds it in a two story home that has no neighbors for miles. The house is backed by nothing but woods and there's even a well behind the house which is still supplying the vacant house water. So after cleansing the home of the dead and rank smell, Hariel makes herself at home. And after figuring out the exact address of the home, she wards several acres of land that the house it sitting on with the fidelius charm to keep out both living and dead intruders.