Chapter Thirty-Four

~Kait's Pov~

    I wake up on this beautiful Sunday to a call from Beth. I press ignore and try to go back to sleep. I can't fall back asleep so I get up and get ready for the day. I am all dressed and about to eat breakfast when I hear a knock at the door.

    "I'll get it." I shout walking to the door. I open it and stare at my brother. Payton is 19 now and graduated high school two years ago. He barely passed. After graduating he moved back to California line be always talked about doing.

    "Kait I'm so glad that you're the one who answered the door and not dad."

     "Umm... what are you doing here?"

    "Dad was right. I couldn't make it in California. I came here to stay until I get back on my feet. But dad can't know."

    "I don't-"

    "Please Kait. I will be forever your slave."

    "Whoa whoa don't need to go over dude."

    "Whatever. Why don't we go somewhere to eat? On me."

    "Ugh fine." I say. I go back in the house and put some shoes and a jacket on them head back outside. We go to Ihop and order some pancakes. The tv is playing done gossip station that I don't really watch. I am not really paying attention until I hear them mention Miles.

    "Miles Teller was recently seen at the village in meridian Idaho with a girl we have identified as Brianna Loveless. These pictures were taken outside of the cinema at the fountain."

    The screen changes to show a bunch of pictures of Bri and Miles dancing, running, and kissing. Are they in the freaking fountain?!?! I clutch my butter knife tightly.

    "Kait are you okay?"

    "Shut up Payton." I say putting the knife down and getting up. "I'll meet you at the house I have to go beat the living daylights out of a celebrity." I say walking out the door as the waitress brings our food. Miles is going to die!

    "What the heck is this?!?!" I shout at Miles showing him a copy of People magazine which has tons of pictures of Brianna and Miles kissing.

    "Well um."

    "You, Miles, are going to die!" I say lunging at him. He tries to jump out of the way but I manage to get my hands on his hair first. I pull his hair and bang his head against the wall. Suddenly Bri walks in and grabs my arm.

    "What the fuck are you doing?" She asks yanking me away from Miles who is rubbing his head.

    "Killing your boyfriend. If that's what he is bow is now."

    "How'd you-" I shove the magazine in her face abs she looks at it blushing.

    "What is that Bri?"

    "Well you see when two people have feelings for each other they begin to date-"

    "I know what it is Bri, but what are you doing kissing Miles? Bri you could do so much better!"

    "With who? With Brandon? You don't understand why that can't happen Kait!"

    "Well then why can't it happen. You and Brandon were so happy before why can't you be happy now?"

    "I can't tell you Kait. Just please leave." She says handing me back the magazine and looking at the ground.

     "Keep it." I say shoving it back to her before I glare at Miles and storm out of the house.

    When I get back to my house I don't see Payton anywhere so I just head back to my room. I plop down on my bed expecting it to be soft but it's bony. Something moves underneath me and I jump up and scream.

    Payton jumps out of the bed and grabs my arm.

    "Ssh quiet. They can't know I'm here." I glare at him. "This is only for a little while then we go back to hating each other's guts. I roll my eyes and lay down on my bed.

    "You get the floor." I say. He groans and lays down on the floor. When did my life become so crazy?