Chapter Nineteen

I jolt forward in my bed searching the room and screaming. I can hear someone approach my room. It was my mother.

    "Sweetheart what's wrong? What hurts?" I jump out of my bed and hug her. She is confused but hugs me back.

   "Nothing. It was just a bad dream." I say.

    "Do you want to talk about it?" I really do want to talk to someone, but that someone is Miles.

    "No I'm fine." I lie. She nods and leaves. Once I am certain she is gone I grab some shoes, my keys, and I climb out the window.

    I start my car and drive out of my driveway. It is 11:30 so as long as I get to where I'm going in 30 minutes I won't be breaking curfew.

    I don't even have to think about where I am going. I already know. I am going to the apartment Miles bought in Cechum.

    I don't think about anything until  I am almost at sunvalley. I start to cry thinking about my dream. I am sobbing so much that I have to pull off of the road. After a while of sobbing there is still no sign of it stopping. I decide to get my phone out and call Miles to tell him where I am.

    "Hey B what's up?" Keep it under control. I tell myself. Don't give him a reason to worry.

    "Um could you come pick me up?" I say, the tears still coming down my face but my voice sounded fine.

    "Sure."

    "I'm on the freeway by Sunvalley."

    "What are you doing there." I can hear him shuffling around his house.    "I..." I begin but I begin to sob again before I can finish. Danget Brianna.  

    "Hang on I'm on my way." He says. I nod before I remember that he can't see me.

    "Okay."          

    He pulls to the side of the road and walks to the passenger seat of my car. Without a word he wraps his arms around me. I embrace him and cry.

    "I know." He says leaning his cheek on the top of my head. "I know."

    "I need to tell you something." I say after a little while. I pull back and look at him. There are tear stains on his shirt now.

    "Okay." He says..

    "A few years ago my mom was dating this guy named Shane. At first he was really nice. We used to hang out all night sometimes until 6:30 in the morning.

    "One day my mom and Shane got in a big fight. She threatened to leave him and he went to extremes to restrain her." Miles looks at me for a moment just confused.

    "I had to watch him choke her. I had to call the police on him. I had to watch him turn into a monster. I don't normaly worry about him but-." I begin to sob again thinking of my dream.

     "Is that what this is about?"

    "Yeah I had a bad dream."

    "What happened?"

    "He found us and killed my mom."

    "Look. I won't let him hurt you or your family."

    "But we are supposed to go to your premier thingy tomorrow."

    "We don't have to go if you're not up for it."

    "No you do I just. I don't want to be here without you and leaving my mom alone isn't an option."

    "What if Jai stays? We can go to the premier and Jai can stay with your mom."

    "Really? Do you think he'd be up for it?"'

    "Toats ma goats." I laugh. "Let's get to my apartment."

    "Okay we can pick my car up later."

    "Theo will come get it for you okay?"

    "Sure." He smiles and takes my hand leading me to his car.

    I fall asleep on the way to Miles' apartment. I am not in one of those real deep slumbers. Instead I feel like Tris under paralysis serum. I can hear what's going on but they don't know that. I can't move or talk or do anything but I can hear and feel.

    Miles laughs when we get to his apartment and he notices that I am asleep. He gets out of the car and opens my door pulling me out and carrying me into the apartment.

    "Crap." I hear Theo mutter. He starts shuffling around.

     "One second I'll be right out." I hear Theo say in his sexy British accent. Don't get me wrong Theo is sexy but I like Miles, maybe a little too much. Miles puts me on the couch for a second just waiting for Theo.

    "So did you tell her?"

    "No. She was really upset. I just want it to be the right moment you know?"

    "Just tell her that you..."

    "I will when the time is right." I hear the door quickly open and close.

    "Theo where the hell is your shirt?" I desperately try to open my eyes.

    "What are you talking about. Yours is all wet."

    "Oh yeah. She was crying. A lot. I hate seeing her that way." He says and I can hear him take his shirt off. That's it. I will open these dang eyes if God himself tries to stop me. I fling my eyes open. THEY ARE FLIPPING BEAUTIFUL!!!! Oh God am I drooling? My thoughts are interrupted by a loud bang in Theo's room.

    "Oh hey Bri." Theo says looking at me as I stare at them. I blush and look down. Theo laughs.

    "How much did you hear?" Miles says worriedly.

    "Of  what?"

    "Us talking."

    "Nothing." I lie. He nods and goes to his room real quick to get a shirt. He sits down next to me.

    "Wanna watch a movie?" He asks.

    "Sure." I say looking at him.

    "What movie."

    "Any movie is fine." Am I still staring at him?

     "How about our movie?" Miles says. We have a movie?

    "Our movie?" I ask.

    "Frozen." He says grinning widely.

    "WAIT FOR ME!!!!" I hear Theo shout from the kitchen. I laugh and he comes out with side popcorn. He is still shirtless. Look away Bri. Stop acting like a creeper.

    Miles puts the movie in and sits down next to me. Theo sits on the other side of me. I can feel the heat of their skin. I snuggle up to Miles and put my feet on Theo's lap. They laugh. I stare at Miles through most of the beginning.

    "What?" He says looking at me. I blush.

    "Oh nothing."

    "No seriously what?"

    "It's just. You are extremely not difficult to look at." I say blushing more.

    "So you think I'm sexy." I giggle and suddenly my eyes begin to droop. I snuggle up to his chest and he wraps his arms around me. I fall asleep to 'Do you want to build a snowman?'.