Chapter Twenty-Six

I have done nothing but cry, sleep, eat, and cry some more for the last 2 days. People visit but I don't talk to them. I just stare into space and cry about what I did to Miles.
    I try to tell myself it's okay. That I did this because I love him but that doesn't change my hurting heart. Miles hasn't called or texted me since I told him to leave. My mom said that he was in the waiting room until this morning when he left for the last premiere.
    "You ready for your PET scan?" Asks a nurse walking in my door. She has a southern accent, all of the nurses here do.
    "What for?"
    "To see how much the cancer had shrunk sweetie."
    "What do you mean shrunk?"
    "Do you not know baby cakes?" What is it with these nurses and their creepy nicknames for me? My name is fricken Brianna people!
    "Know what?"
    "Turns out you may be cancer free in a week or two. At least on your way to being cancer free."'
    "What? That's not possible."
    "Yes it is. Just took a few surgeries in the affected areas, a little bit of radiation, and some antibiotics."
    "But... the surgeries would have costed a fortune. How? Who?"
    "Your friend Mr. Teller paid for your treatment." I gasp and hold tightly to the edge of the bed. He paid for my treatment and this is how I repay him!
    "May I borrow your phone please?"
    "After the PET scan."
    "No now please. It's important."
    "I'm sorry but it's gonna have to wait."
    "Please I really need-"
    "PET scan first you can call later."
    "but."
    "No buts come on." she says I follow her into the PET scan room reluctantly.

~Miles' Pov~

    The red carpet is a drag without B. I autograph things and take pictures, but it just doesn't feel the same.
    "Miles Teller. Can I please interview you?" Says a tall lady with blond hair.
    "Sure why not?" I say shrugging. I put my hands in my pockets and walk over to her.
    "Miles fans are wondering where you have been for the last several premieres. Care to share?"
    "I was helping a friend battle cancer." I say seriously looking at the camera.
    "Wow. Interesting. Who would that be?"
    "You've all seen her before. She's short and blond. She's fricken beautiful. She's smart, childish, and completely kick butt. Her favorite tv show is friends. She watches Disney movies and sings all the time. She's not afraid of what people think of her. She's my soul mate." I say smiling at the end.
    "What did you just say?"
    "I said she's my soul mate. I'm in love with this girl. I'm fricking in love with you B." I say to the camera. "You can try to save me the pain of your death but it hurts worse right now knowing that you don't even want to be my friend anymore."
    "This B girl. She seems to have you wrapped around her little finger."
    "Yeah." I say. "Yeah she does, and the sad part is she doesn't even know. I don't really want to be here. I want to be with her, but she wants me here. I'd go anywhere she wanted me to go. If she wanted me to fall off of the face of the earth I'd do it. She's worth it." I say. The reporter nods before letting me go.

~Brianna's Pov~

    I sit very still and wait for the PET scan to be over. When I am done the nurse brings me back to my room and I lay down in the bed.
    "Can I please use a phone now?"
    "I think you need some rest first." She says with a smile on her face.
    "I can rest in a second. I just really need to call someone."
    "I'm sorry sweety. That's gonna have to wait."
    "No sleep can wait I'm not even tired I just really really need to use a phone."
    "No. Not right now." She says reaching down to adjust my pillow.
    "You look here." I say grabbing her shirt and forcing her to look me on the eyes. "I don't care what you think. I NEED to borrow a phone right now. You may not find it important but you are not me. The man I love is paying for my hospital bill and I pushed him away. I need to call him and apologise. If you don't find that important I call bull crap! Now give me your dang phone!!!!"
    "Whoa, whoa Bri calm down and stop trying to strangle the nurse." Says Kait. My friends are standing in the doorway looking at me like I'm crazy.
    "We've got it from here." Beth says. I let go of the nurse as she nods and walks out of my room.
    "Quick I need a phone."
    "Bri calm down. What's going on?" Annika says.
    "I NEED to call Miles right now. I need to apologise."
    "I don't know." Neomi says. "You seem mentally unstable right now."
    "Who cares. At least she's not moping around anymore." Kait says grabbing her phone out of her pocket and throwing it to me. I catch it and dial Miles' number. It goes straight to voicemail.
    "You reached Miles. Sorry but I can't reach your call right now. Please leave a message after the beep."
    "Miles. It's me. The moron who refused to listen to you. Look I'm so so sorry for flipping out on you and sending you away. I should have listened to you, but I was trying to protect you from my damage. I hope you forgive me because I really need you here with me right now." I say before hanging up.
    "What did he say?" Asks Beth.
    "Nothing. I got voicemail." They nod.
    "Oh my god did you watch his interview?" Kaitlyn asks.
    "No. What interview?"
    "The one where he called you his soul mate."
    "Oh my god did he really?"
    "Yes. He did. I knew he loved you." Kait says beaming. I smile to myself. He called me his soul mate?
    "What about you and Tyler. There is something there, we can all tell."
    "What. Pft no." Kait says blushing. We all laugh at her expression except for Neomi. Neomi starts crying.
    "Neomi what's-"
    "Able broke up with her."
    "What why?"
    "He... he said it was...was too hard to be in a long distance relationship." Able, or we call him popcorn, moved to California last summer.
    "I'm so sorry Neomi." She nods her head still crying. "Hey I know what I can do. I will set you up with someone." She looks up at me.
    "You.... you really think it will work?"
    "It's worth a shot." She nods. Now that that is settled I just have to wait for Miles to call me back.

~ Miles' Pov~

    When we get into our limos I notice that I have a voicemail. I click on the notification and listen to it.
    "Miles. It's me. The moron who refused to listen to you. Look I'm so sorry for flipping out on you and sending you away. I should have listened to you, but I was protecting you from my damage. I hope you forgive me because I really need you here with me right now." Then the call ends.
    I look at my watch. I could get a flight back to her right now if I hurry. I tell the driver to bring me to the airport. I text Theo telling him where I kept my key and to bring my suitcase home. He texts back and asks where I am going. I tell him and he tells me to hurry. I laugh.
   I get to the airport and buy a plane ticket. We leave a few minutes later and the entire fight I think of nothing but Bri.

~Brianna's Pov~

    "He hasn't called back yet." I say nervously looking at the phone.
    "He's probably busy." Beth says.
    "Or maybe he hates you now and never wants to talk you ever again?" Kait says and Beth hits her in the arm.
    "I'm going to call him again." I say ignoring the bickering between Kaitlyn and Bethany.
    "This will be the sixth time." Annika says.
    "I don't care. I'm going to call him until he answers." I pick up the phone and dial his number.
     "No Brianna don't do it." Beth says.
     "I'm going to do it."
     "NO!!!!" Kaitlyn says jumping across the room and trying to grab the phone. I press the call button and put it to my ear jumping out of Kait's way.
     "Hello?"
     "Miles!!!!"
     "What's up B."
     "What's up? This is the sixth time I've tried calling you that's what's up."
     "Oh look at that you did."
    "I have been trying to apologise but now I don't think I want to."
    "Oh really?"
    "Yes really."
    "I forgive you."
    "Well I don't forgive you. All I want is for you to come back and hug me but you won't do that." I say jumping out of the bed and walking across the room. I turn my back to the door.
    "Who says that I won't do that."
    "Well obviously you are too busy to answer my calls so why would you come back?" I hear the door open but I ignore it. My friends are grinning but I am so worked up that I don't bother looking behind me.
     "Think again." Miles says. He isn't just on the phone though. He sounds like he's right behind me. I turn around and see him standing right in front of me. I drop the phone and run into his arms. I hug him and he hugs me back.
     "How are you here?" I ask still hugging him.
     "I got your first message and flew here as soon as I could."
     "I'm so glad you're here." I say quietly crying.
     "I am too. I am too." I pull away looking him in the eyes. I think about kissing him for a moment but Kaitlyn clears her throat.
    "There are people here." She says. I roll my eyes. Way to ruin a perfect moment Kaitlyn.