Chapter 18: As The Last Petal Falls

As Toneri approached the beast, Naruto looked back and saw Toneri about to take aim at him. Naruto turned back around with a sad expression. Toneri throws the kunia and it strikes BEAST in the shoulder. He screams in pain and stands. Toneri pushes him and they fly out the window onto the balcony, where it has started to rain. Naruto was too weak to get up as Toneri kicked him around like a rag doll. "Get Up!" Toneri laughed "Get Up! What's the matter Beast? To kind and gentle to fight back!" he shouted while grabbing a gargoyle head to use as a weapon. Naruto looked down and saw a dark haired girl and a grey haired man. "No!" the girl shouted, Naruto's eyes widened and he couldn't believe what he saw Hinata. "Hinata" he spoke "Toneri don't!" she shouted as Toneri was about to swing, Naruto rose up and roared at Toneri who became frightened. Toneri swung at Naruto, but he dogged the swing through the fight on the rooftop. Finally, Naruto takes a hiding place among the gargoyles in the darkness. Hinata looked at Kurama "Let's go boy!" Kurama whinnied and kicked the door open.

Toneri smirked at Naruto for hiding "Come out and fight me!" Toneri shouted into the darkness. "Were you in love with her, beast?" Toneri taunted the beast "did you honestly think she'd want you when she had someone like me?" Naruto became enraged and lunged out at Toneri, but was throwed over Toneri's shoulder. "It's over Beast! Hinata is Mine!" Toneri shouted. Naruto grew angry and grabbed Toneri by the throat and held him over the balcony into the dark abyss. Toneri became scared and started begging Naruto to let him go "Please let me go! Please! I'll do anything! Anything!". Naruto's angered face began to soften as he pulled Toneri back to the balcony. "Get Out" Naruto looked Toneri in the eye sternly as he dropped the ninja. Hinata reached the balcony and called out to Naruto "Naruto!" she called Naruto turned around and saw the beautiful girl before him. "Hinata!" Naruto called out at and began to climb the tower until he reaches the balcony. He hangs over the side holding onto Hinata's hand "Hinata! You came back!"

Naruto and Hinata stare passionately at each other, but the moment is interrupted when Toneri sneaks up and stabs the nine tailed fox in the back. Naruto roars in pain, and Hinata is helpless. Toneri pulls the knife out and swings back for another shot.  Naruto starts to fall, knocking Toneri off his balance. She reaches forward and pulls Naruto back, while Toneri falls off never to be seen again. Hinata helps the injured Naruto up onto the balcony, where he lies down on the floor. The object come rushing out to see the commotion and are shocked by what has happened. "You came back" Naruto grabbed Hinata's hand. "Of course I came back" Hinata whispered "I couldn't let them...Oh this is all my fault If only I'd gotten here sooner" she began to cry. "Maybe it's better this way" Naruto coughed "don't talk like that" Hinata reassured him "you'll be all right. We're together now.  Everything's going to be fine. You'll see" she said between sniffles. (Picture below)

    "At least I got to see you one

"At least I got to see you one... last...time." Naruto spoke with his last breath. Hinata pulls Naruto's paw up to her cheek. He holds it there for a second, then drops it. His head falls back, and his eyes close. Hinata drops the paw and puts her hands to her mouth. She can't believe this has happened. "No, no! Please! Please! Please don't leave me! I love you!" Hinata sobbed. As soon as she said this, the last petal fell off of the rose and the objects watch in sadness over the loss of Naruto, or is it a total loss.