Chapter 2: Ten Years Later

Ten years later, in the small village of Konoha, there lived a young girl named Hinata. Now the village thought Hinata was odd, because she's always reading. One morning Hinata decided to go into Konoha to return a book she had recently borrowed from Shikamaru, the town's book seller, well it was the only book seller in the whole village. "I wonder what kind of books Shikamuru has for me to read, I hope he has something new for me!" Hinata said. As she walked to town in her purple dress and white apron along with her black flats, she thought about her life and what new and unknown adventure has for her in store.

          (WARNING, IF YOU DON'T LIKE SINGING, THEN THIS IS NOT THE BOOK FOR YOU!!)

Hinata:

Little town, it's a quiet village

Every day like the one before

Little town full of little people

Waking up to say...

Villagers:

Bonjour!

Bonjour!

Bonjour!

Bonjour!

Bonjour!

Hinata:

There goes the baker with his tray, like always

The same old bread and rolls to sell

Every morning just the same

Since the morning that we came

To this poor provincial town

"Good Morning, Hinata!" said Teuchi, the village baker. "Good Morning Teuchi!" Hinata replied. "Where are you off to?" Teuchi asked, "The bookshop, I just finished the most wonderful story about a beanstalk, and an ogre, and a---" Hinata said until Teuchi interrupted saying" that's nice. AYAME the ramen, hurry up!"

Townsfolk:

Look, there she goes

The girl is strange, no question

Dazed and distracted, can't you tell?

Man: Never part of any crowd

Woman: Cause her head's up on some cloud

No denying she's a funny girl, that Hinata

Man 1: Bonjour

Woman 1: Good day!

Man 1: How is your family?

Woman 2: Bonjour

Man 2: Good day

Woman 2: How is your wife?

Woman 3: I need....six eggs

Man 3: That's too expensive!

"There must be more than this provincial life!" thought Hinata.

   As Hinata arrived at the book store, she was greeted by the owner Shikamaru. 

"Ah, Hinata" greeted Shikamaru,  "Good morning. I've come to return the book I borrowed." Hinata replied handing the book to Shikamaru "Finished already?" Shikamaru chuckled " sounded troublesome."  "Oh I couldn't put it down. Have ya got anything' new?" Hinata asked with excitement as she climbed the ladder to browse the books on shelf. "Not since yesterday" Shikamaru laughed. "That's all right, I'll borrowww, this one" Hinata said as she grabbed a book off the top shelf. "That one?" Shikamaru asked " But you've read it twice!" "Well it's my favorite: far off places, daring sword fights, magic spells, a prince in disguise! Hinata exclaimed as she climbed down the ladder to retrieve her book. Shikamaru thought and decided to give Hinata the book she picked out. "If you like it all that much, it's yours!" Shikamaru said. "But Shikamaru?!?" Hinata puzzled "I insist!" Shikamaru replied "Well thank you, thank you very much!" Hinata answered "Oh I almost forgot, have my uncles books arrive yet?" Hinata asked before leaving the store.  "Hmm let me check" Shikamaru answered. "Oh yes! here it is, five copies of Icha Icha" stated Shikamaru as he handed the books to Hinata to place in her basket. "Thanks Shikamaru, you're the best!" Hinata said " Your very much welcome young lady oh and tell Kakashi I said hello!" said Shikamaru "I will, thanks again!" answered Hinata.