Evangelion: New System (Introduction from the author)

Hello! This is a note from the author explaining a few changes in my storyline as opposed to that of the actual story. Obviously, I don't own anything related to Evangelion and it belongs to its creators. I'm simply a fan who likes to write and decided to try his hand at a fanfic. Just as a heads up, the story includes adult language and mature themes, so if the naughty words cause you to burn your house down in a fit of rage, don't say you weren't warned.  Anyways:  

Change 1- Rei. She is not a vessel for Lillith's return. She is in fact just a regular girl who has some personality and mental issues. She may come to develop some supernatiral qualities later on. Not sure on rather or not to add them.  

Change 2- In this world, angel attacks are not as frequent as they are in the actual series (which is like an angel attack every day, a factor I find unrealistic). My story focuses more on inter-character interaction than kicking the shit out of angels, but there is still a fair deal of ass-kicking in here. The angels they battle in my story are not their first, but rather the first one seen in my story would be the third or fourth they encounter.  

Change 3- The angels are ones I came up with. I'm working on drawings of them, but I am NOT an artist.  

Change 4- This is more of a side note, but the story doesn't begin with Kane (my new character, who is the focus of the story) moving to Tokyo 3. He had already known the pilots and been on missions with them. Only recently, however, did he begin to keep a voice log and end up having Rei move in with him.  

Change 5- My character? Where his EVA came from and what his story is will be revealed later.   

Change 6- I chose to make the characters a little older. In the real Evangelion, they became pilots at about 14, where as here it is 16. Kane is an exception, since he was the original, and began at 13. Also, Asuka isn't quite as much of a bitch in this one. Still that same personality, but not as... mean?  

So sit back and please enjoy my first shot at fanfic. Comments, questions, and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism (not "lol ur such a noob f@g fukk ur mom lawl LAWL roflcopter, etc.") are always welcome. When the first part of the series is done, I will decide rather or not to do more based on popularity. The first part is 10 segments.  

Extra: Here's a list of songs I listened to while writing this. I thought it would be cool to include the songs and for what parts I had them playing in the background.  

Battle Scenes: 

Cries in Vein by BFMV

10 Years Today by BFMV

Poison by BFMV 

(Bullet for my Valentine is awesome fight music, sorry for a low variety here)  

Scenes Outside of battles:

Too Close by Alex Cane

When in Rome by Nickel Creek

Can't Complain by Nickel Creek

Savior by Rise Against

I'm Not a Vampire by F in R

Stricken by Disturbed

The Pot by Tool