Chapter Two

JAMES CORNELL.

The ultimate bad boy and Casanova of the Orange County.

'Ian wants me to go out with James? James Cornell!' Lana panicked. She knew Mr. McCain was rich and eccentric, she just didn't think he'd ask her to go out with the player of the year.

James Cornell was one of the top eligible bachelors in California, if not entire America. He was everyone's favorite bad boy, always single, always in troubles. It wasn't as he was seeking attention, it was just that whenever he was in a room, no other man could hold a candle to either his looks or his personality.
He was more than just good looking, he was charming, intelligent and rich. James was a full package.
Lana stared at the picture at the beginning of the folder.
'There's no way James will want to spend the night with me. Specially since I'm not planning on sleeping with him.' Her breathing quickly escalated and for a second she thought she'll start hyperventilating. The task at hand was making her go bananas.
'That guy can have any girl he wants, why would he go for me? What if he won't like me? Will I still get paid?'
Lana slowly lowered her head. 

"This is such a mess. I mean I'm OK looking, but not gorgeous, leggy blond that he's usually seen with." She never wanted anything more than for this night to never happen.

"Why, why did I ever said yes? I'm so stupid!" She groaned aloud.

"I should of known Ian McCain's proposal was too good to be true!"

Now looking out of the window like a prisoner that desperately wants to escape, Lana recalled that Tuesday night a week ago when Ian McCain approached her with that ridiculous proposal.

******

It was a normal, nothing-out-of-the-ordinary Tuesday night and the diner Lana worked in was almost empty, except for a couple of teenagers that obviously didn't want to be disturbed and a single forty-something women that was sipping her coffee.

Lana was about to take a break and eat the tuna sandwich she made for herself, when a gentleman in an expensive grey suit walked in and took a seat in the back of the diner.

He looked out of place in the diner where usual costumers didn't even speak English.

"That guy looks like he should be in a three star Michelin restaurant not in this diner." Lana told her coworker Erin. The older lady smiled at her.

"Don't judge the book by its cover dear. Just because he wears a fancy suit doesn't mean he's too fancy to eat here!"

"I know that Erin. It's just... He looks so odd. Out of place."

"What he looks like to me, is a good tipper. I know you need the money and you could buy yourself a new dress. When was the last time you bought something just to spoil yourself?"

Lana looked at the old lady with gratitude in her eyes. She knew Erin needed the money as well, especially now, that her daughter and granddaughter moved in with her. Her daughter just got through a nasty divorce and was laid off at work.

Times were though in Erin's household, but she always pushed Lana to wait on people that looked like really good tippers.

"Before I came here? Erin, I don't know where you heard I need the money, but thank you. My landlord has been bugging me about this month's rent. I have to pay it until Friday and I'm still fifty bucks short."

Lana jumped off the bar chair where she's been sitting and turned towards the older gentleman.

"Darling you'll get them. And if you don't I can borrow you some money. Now hurry, he might think we're ignoring him, and won't tip you."