BONUS CHAPTER - A Way to Paradise

So I'll kiss you longer baby

Any chance that I get

I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regrets

Meghan Trainor, ft. John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You

*****

"WELL, JULIA ROBERT'S WOULDN'T BE PROUD OF ME THIS TIME AROUND." Lana said to herself as she watched her reflection in the mirror. "Or maybe she would be, she did get Richard Gere at the end."

"And you did get your Richard Gere. And you definitely look way more stunning than Julia Roberts ever did."

James sneaked his arm around her from behind, surprising her with the sweet gesture. She turned her head around and their lips connected in a tender kiss.

"I doubt I can compete with Julia Roberts tonight. I am eight months pregnant, I'm ready to get this baby out of me any moment now."

She teased James.

He just spun her around and bended so his head was levelled with Lana's stomach.

"Hey there princess! Daddy thinks your mommy is the most beautiful person on this planet, but she's insisting otherwise. She's claiming that because she's pregnant with you she's a whale that can't even walk properly."

There was humour in his voice, one that became always present whenever Lana's pregnancy came up.

"We'll let her have her way and won't contradict her statement that she looks like a whale, if that's what she wants, but if you don't tell her, I still think she's beautiful. Now more than ever."

Lana smiled as she saw the sight they made in the mirror. It was the perfect picture of how her life had been these past months since James moved back to Reedville with Sam and her.

When he wasn't on the phone in the office he had taken over at the ranch, he was outside with Sam, riding, even sometimes taking the time to learn things around the ranch, or he was in Lana's bakery, where he loved to watch her bake or work with the customers. He became fast friends with the mayor and other men in town, not minding one bit they were simple country man. And neither did they mind he was a preppy Yankee.

In the evenings all three of them spent time as a family, getting to know everything about each other that they had missed in the past. As the days passed Lana was more and more in love with James, and he told her every night he loved her. When she told him she was pregnant he was ecstatic with joy. They both were.

"Look princess, mommy is day dreaming again."

James straighten up and took her arm.

"We're gonna be late 'mommy'."