Richie

What are they gonna think?

Richie pulled and prodded at his face, staring at his reflection in the mirror.

His usual coke bottle glasses had disappeared and been shoved into a cupboard or dresser drawer somewhere for good.

He'd finally gotten contact lenses.

Richie was absolutely sure that everyone would say "woah", but not in a positive way. They'd probably think "geez, I liked his freakish glasses way better than this crap."

He sighed, and just kept staring.

He glanced at the clock behind him and spaces out for a few seconds, watching it tick.

Damn, I gotta go.

--------

"Contacts?" questioned Ben.
Richie slung an arm around his shoulder and gestured to something in the sky. "Why yes, that is correct, Haystack."

"I cannot believe your parents agreed to let you have those. You'll just lose them anyway," said Stan, with Bev giving a nod.

"You probably won't even remember to clean them, and you'll get an ring of dirt in your eye. Then you'll get an infection and your likeness to go blind will increase," ranted Eddie, his eyes widened.

"Geez Eddie Spaghetti, slow down," Richie joked.

"Hey, guys, what's- whoa."
Richie had turned around and you just stopped the second you saw him.

You let out a breath you didn't even know you were holding at the sight of Richie.

He had no glasses, his clothes were a tad bit neater, and he'd let his natural waves run wild.

"Are those contact lenses?" you said, pointing to his eyes.

"Maybe," he said.

"Can I see?"

Then in a low voice he said, "Come a little closer, bay-bee. Look in my eyes."

I don't even know what this is anymore.